Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3ZfJjiEVEo

1.6 liter dohc vtec. original japanes 10.4 CR long block. stock head (no head work, no increase in CR).
189 whp SAE corrected and 116 ft-lbs which is about 222 bhp and 137 ft-lbs @ crank. stock this engine is rated at 170 bhp and 111 ft-lbs. vtec cross over is set at 6800 rpm (stock 5500 rpm).

that's over 118 whp per liter (over 138 bhp/liter). 9900 fuel cut (original stock redline 8200 rpm). still runs 91 oct. california pump gas. honda makes the best production (mass produced) engines in the world.

the same kind of engineering goes into AKMEE D series valve train too. :)

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Don't forget tuning too.

And it's more like 30% increase at the crank

You should see the gains on K20s with cams; even the K20A3 made huge gains with new camshafts.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yea those are nice numbers, honda has upped the anti with the k20 even more. 300whp has been done on a NA k20(stroked to 2.3L)

hy-tech built that motor.

great job ghettoracer, quick question tho any boost cams in the works at all?? (D or B)

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
you got a 40% increase in power with just cams?
lots of bolt'on's to support the breathing and extra rpm...

ENDYN intake tube
68-64 taper down TB
ITR intake manfold
phenolic intake gasket
ITR LMA
DTR/SSR 4-2-1 long tube header
60 mm test pipe, 60 mm catback
NEPTUNE RTP
lots of dyno time

actually the injectors are max'ed out even with 72 psi rail pressure. we'll be doing more testing with 310 cc injectors are properly tuned length intake. it should break 190 whp next time... at least that's my goal for it.

we haven't done the testing, but the TYpe-S profile should be a great turbo camshaft. we have many friend with high power turbo B series engines. CTR cams are good turbo cams. or, if needed, an more aggressive intake cam can be used. ITR/CTR exhaust is about all you need on the exhaust side though...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Cool, I love the sound of 10krpm B.. Just wondering, when I'm gonna swap into dark side 8)

·
Registered
Civic
1,281 Posts
god...i love Hondas...D,B,F,H,K,R fuck i love them all

those are some nice ass gains for the mods, Props for the tuning

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
lots of bolt'on's to support the breathing and extra rpm...

ENDYN intake tube
68-64 taper down TB
ITR intake manfold
phenolic intake gasket
ITR LMA
DTR/SSR 4-2-1 long tube header
60 mm test pipe, 60 mm catback
NEPTUNE RTP
lots of dyno time
Kind of a misleading thread name, its always better to post parts ect if you have a base line, then some test passes with only your parts swapped onto the car. Selling a valvetrain kit and cams by posting it made X more power then halfway through the thread adding that the motor had your stuff and over 1500 worth of bolt on parts isnt cool.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
you're missing the point. first, i'm not selling any B serious parts (yet). just refining and testing profiles. also, unlike most budget/poor D peeps, most B series folks can afford all the bolt on's. there is nothing exotic on my setup... except the DTR/SRR header. but guess what, i threw the JUN/Maxim header back on the other day and I found all the mid range that I lost. this particular DTR/SRR is simply too big for a 1.6. the point was to show how 190 whp is possible on a B16A with stock long block (stock CR, stock headwork). in 2002 my buddy omniman showed that built b16a can achieve 210 whp. to this day, built b16a (that remains 1600cc displacement) still rarely break 200 whp.

by our (AKMEE) calculation, we ought to be able to build a 12,500 rpm b16a (with titanium valvetrain and proper cams and supporting breathing system) that makes about 235 whp. maybe more.

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little old, but why didn't you use a LS bottom end with B16 pistons?
couple of reasons 1. i'm a purists. b16a is the #1 B series motor in my heart. i love the way it revs. the perfect geometry and short stroke makes it comfortable at 10k all day long even with stock bottom. 2. we wanted to show that a stock b16a with valve train kit can break 190 whp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i also notice on your website you say you sponser charlies topsetup k20 eg, in the touge american dvd... he doesn't run a single akmee product... so you bought the kid a pepsi and he's sponsered ?... lol..

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
you're missing the point. first, i'm not selling any B serious parts (yet). just refining and testing profiles. also, most budget/poor D peeps, most B series folks can afford all the bolt on's. there is nothing exotic on my setup... except the DTR/SRR header. but guess what, i threw the JUN/Maxim header back on the other day and I found all the mid range that I lost. this particular DTR/SRR is simply too big for a 1.6. the point was to show how 190 whp is possible on a B16A with stock long block (stock CR, stock headwork). in 2002 my buddy omniman showed that built b16a can achieve 210 whp. to this day, built b16a (that remains 1600cc displacement) still rarely break 200 whp.

by our (AKMEE) calculation, we ought to be able to build a 12,500 rpm b16a (with titanium valvetrain and proper cams and supporting breathing system) that makes about 235 whp. maybe more.

Wow thats a nice dig against our community

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it's the truth. :shocked: and it has been proven time and time again. :mikej:

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i also notice on your website you say you sponser charlies topsetup k20 eg, in the touge american dvd... he doesn't run a single akmee product... so you bought the kid a pepsi and he's sponsered ?... lol..
with out me/AKMEE, Charlie/Top Setup would NOT be there in the first place. Charlie is a cool guy but he doesn't have my kind of connections nor is he as out going as me. this is not to take credit from Charlie has a good tuner and his ability to put a good car together. basically we both did our parts and thus the EG6 did very well in AT1. there is a lot of reasons why we got in AT1. luck was also a part of it.... if Vishnu didn't breakdown, it might not have happened the way I envisioned... because there might not have been enough time to film Top Setup.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
why do you repeatedly hate on the people of this site? i know there is another thread somewhere with you posting saying shit like that...
i have no problem spending my money on my motor.. being $1 or $1000 etc.
and i know PLENTY others the same way.. just because a few people are hceapsses does NOT mean we all are...
im still entertaining the thought of buying your valvetrain product when i decide to.. but when your posting things like this, it honestly makes me want to go elsewhere

i just dont understand a person who sells pretty much only sohc products bashing sohc owners

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I see no hate at all in his postes.....

b kids are usualy rich kids that just spend money, d people usualy research and make every dollar count.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts