Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
92 civic hatch back
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anybody out here that has the akmee cams? i was just thinking about purchasing their complete set for my d16z6/db15b8 combo but i wanted to get some opinions about them. i tried emailing them through their website and i got no response back so far. i just want to know if they perform like theyre advertised and hows the idle.....

already searched for this topic no useful info came up.

·
Registered
92 civic hatch back
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thank you you guys like i mentioned i dont what going on with akmee but it's been like a week since i emailed and still no response and so updates on their site since '05 even king unlimited responded back in a day or two christ...............................

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
i dunno , id just get crower and call it a day, hehe

or if i wanted sumthing cheaper, then Zspeed cams and valvetrains is what i wud get
they are the same spec as the crowers, but their camgears are gold like the skunk2,s and uhm isnt Akmee the same, maybe its Zspeed hehe

·
Registered
1994 EH3 Civic Si HB
393 Posts
Hi guys, project remix was stolen in May 2006 and thus I kinda stopped paying attention to AKMEE a bit. I was just about to dyno and tune the Type-R profile on remix. Yes Type-S and R = Crower 2 and 3. And our plans was basically just to make an affordable options out there for the D series since these profiles are proven to be the best on the market currently. Then we will develop our own profile down the road. Our engineer's name is Luke Workman aka LiveForPhysics. He was really busy and finally finished school in the past summer. Now that he has a good paying main gig, he will have time to really tinker now. I've mentioned we are going prototype a new intake manifold and finally it should make some progress this winter. In any case, look for updates again.

We do have the killer package deal going on for the valve train kit so, show us your support then maybe we will follow through with the intake manifold. The tooling cost a lot of money and the tooling cost the same for us to cast a D series or a K series manifold. Which one should we do first?!

Bone, stop messing stirring things up. I care and do have a special place in my heart for SOHC VTEC. If you guys want to see cool stuff made, show us some love. I've often get the feeling that I am wasting my time wanting to do parts for D. Prove me wrong.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ive emailed you back regarding teh package to australia, Frank.

just waiting on you response.. sorry to hear about your car tho..

·
Registered
408 Posts
okay i emailed them and they a couple of weeks ago and only now they answer me. they are having a special for the whole valvetrain kit for $525 shipped. i believe thats to my p.o. box zip 96921 usings USPS Priority Mail Service. it could be lower because you're in the states. unfortunatly, i had already had purchased my crower Stage 2 a couple of days before they answered me e-mail. i spent about $560-$580 on the crower but i'm not disappointed. crower is a great company and i'd trust their shit over some company that doesnt respond to e-mails. IMO, get the crower. anyway, akmee is a copy of crower.

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
okay i emailed them and they a couple of weeks ago and only now they answer me. they are having a special for the whole valvetrain kit for $525 shipped. i believe thats to my p.o. box zip 96921 usings USPS Priority Mail Service. it could be lower because you're in the states. unfortunatly, i had already had purchased my crower Stage 2 a couple of days before they answered me e-mail. i spent about $560-$580 on the crower but i'm not disappointed. crower is a great company and i'd trust their shit over some company that doesnt respond to e-mails. IMO, get the crower. anyway, akmee is a copy of crower.
werd, jimmy waited 8 months for a response, i waited 3 weeks....

imo 2 days is too long when dealing with prospective customers, fuck akmee, just like the cartoons... cheap knock off's.....!

·
Registered
408 Posts
did you get some bull crap excuse about how they were on thanksgiving or something like that. just think about whats going to happen when you send them the money for your cams.(3 weeks later) "We just got back from the planet Mars and we need sometime to process the paper work so just wait another week or 4"

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
they told me my email got "overlooked" thats fine.. but when a serious buyer is wanting to spend 600+ bucks from you.. id think it would be hard to overlook it.. oh well im happy with my exospeed stage 3

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
they told me my email got "overlooked" thats fine.. but when a serious buyer is wanting to spend 600+ bucks from you.. id think it would be hard to overlook it.. oh well im happy with my exospeed stage 3
yeah wil responded back to me in ike 45 mins.....:TU: to exospeed...!

·
Registered
408 Posts
OVERLOOKED?! that is the worst excuse i've ever heard. except for the one i posted earlier. yeah, when a whole bunch of people want to buy your product, you tend to overlook the e-mails. even though more than half the customers are online. its okay, i dont blame them for not responding back because they probably dont have money for internet with all the products they are producing and not selling.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts