Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i see theres a 'type s' and a 'type r' is the type r one gonna need a whole lot more tuning then the type s??

also will both give the engine a lopy idle?

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
dude open your eyes, there are 3 active akmee cam threads going, read the fucking ones that are already made

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for not answering my question...

my question is if the type r is gonna need extencive tuning over the type s... i didnt ask if there were other threads about it. and i have read them

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
well if you read the other post's you would know that the type r equals the crower stg 3 and would have your question answered .....

wouldnt cha'

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea just stop cause i have read the other threads and they are not identical... t
and my question here stated nothing about asking if they were the same as crower... ass
i mean wtf read first before posting

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
yea just stop cause i have read the other threads and they are not identical... t
and my question here stated nothing about asking if they were the same as crower... ass
i mean wtf read first before posting
the problem is, I did

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uhh no. u jumped to conclusion that i was asking if it was the same as crower. thats not the case. so after your next post cause i know ur going to retaliate to this please dont post again after... just face it u saw the header with the word akmee and went in saying that i asked if it was the same as crower.

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
the crowers dont have a lopey idle, and do need more tuning, as would an akmee r .... which has been stated in the other post's

which answers your question......

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i figured some user on here may have known because i figured it would take a couples of days to a week for a responce. it happened to me when i tried to contact crower about using the stg2 in a boosted application. it was like almost 2 weeks before i got a responce. i believe this is caused by them being busy n all.

im not trying to piss anyone off. its just that kid there came in with no usefull info at all.

your still on the crower thing i didnt ask anything about crower so stop bringing it up omg.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
dude, no offense, but akmee is not even making any cams right now. trying to buy one is like trying to buy air. plus, they are the same identical cam as the the crower units. yes, if you read up on the crower stage 3 cam, it needs portwork and a good amount of idle tuning as well as fuel tuning and spark tuning. ghettoracer has already stated that they are the same units as the crower cam 2 and 3, and they are unaware if they are going to keep making cams for the d right now, or any other motor. if they do, he said they will get their own cam profiles instead of using the crower specs.

i know that i myself am tired of seeing akmee in the title of a thread. it's been an ongoing thing for the past year and no one seems to be able to get in touch with them. ghettoracer just logged on for the first time in a long time the other day and made these statements.

READ THE OTHER FUCKING THREADS.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
see at least u wasnt an ass about it. i didnt know akmee stopped making them for now. i just started researching a bit today about it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well kinda but low egt was off topic on part of it cause i didnt ask anything about crower. also the exhaust duration on the akmee cams are 1 higher... which i dunno what that does differently besides staying open a little longer.

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
well kinda but low egt was off topic on part of it cause i didnt ask anything about crower. also the exhaust duration on the akmee cams are 1 higher... which i dunno what that does differently besides staying open a little longer.
No you didn't ask about the crower cams ....Low EGT just stated they are much alike...I don't see that being off topic

But an indication they are equal

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
because i asked for akmee and i get a crower answer... its like asking for ice and u get water instead...

but you know what i kinda got the answer from dragman so im just gonna leave it alone

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.