Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a coupe witha d15z1 and it sucks so im going to make it a b7 in a sense im changing the pistons and rods to pm3's on short rods im using a a6 head with a zc cam and y8 cam gear complete z6 intake manifold and z6 exhaust manifold. now i know i have to put the oil jet back in the block but i have a few questions

1 what timing belt should i use?
2 what water pump to use?
3 what ecu would be better on this a p06 or p28[yes i know its vtec}

and if anyone see's any problem i might have let me know

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Sorry, but I suck at the all the hybrid head swap questions. My first thought is B7 for everything, but that is not something I'm sure about.

The good news is I do know you can use either ECU. The proper one would be the P06 and that should even have some pretty good maps for your motor. Of course, to maximize your setup, you'll want a chipped ECU and a tune. If you go that route, you can use any OBD1 ECU, because you can chip it with what ever maps you want (Chipped P28 w/VTEC disabled and P06 maps on it for example).

There's always been talk about transzex's D15beast7. Your motor will be pretty much there when you're done. Seems to me he mentioned something about .08 off the head for a better CR too. If you look around, there was a link in a thread by ImportAl about doing this with his D15b2. Although transzex never had it fully tuned, there was a link to a tuning .bin Blundar did for that motor. It probably wouldn't be a bad place for you to start either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts