Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi D-series gurus!

I'm looking for a simple info about the interchangeability of the D17 aircondition (A/C pump) compressor from the D17 Coupe made in the US to the D17A2 installed in the Japan made Honda Stream.

The Stream is 2002 model, with VTEC. I believe there were Civics with that engine too. I also found that there are A/C pump electronic/electromagnetic clutch refurbishment kits available inthe US. But they don't sell those in Europe. My guess is that my A/C pump is OK, but the clutch gave in, becasue it gives a strange ceramic on ceramic or ceramic on metal noise when the A/C is on, but still cools OK.

Can anyone tell me if I can use the coupe A/C pump?

Thanks

Adrian

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi D-series gurus!

I'm looking for a simple info about the interchangeability of the D17 aircondition (A/C pump) compressor from the D17 Coupe made in the US to the D17A2 installed in the Japan made Honda Stream.

The Stream is 2002 model, with VTEC. I believe there were Civics with that engine too. I also found that there are A/C pump electronic/electromagnetic clutch refurbishment kits available inthe US. But they don't sell those in Europe. My guess is that my A/C pump is OK, but the clutch gave in, becasue it gives a strange ceramic on ceramic or ceramic on metal noise when the A/C is on, but still cools OK.

Can anyone tell me if I can use the coupe A/C pump?

Thanks

Adrian
Hey guys,

is there no one who could answer this question!?

Adrian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts