Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after selling my WRX, i have a replacement COBB SF Intake Cone, and im wondering if i could get a pipe big enough to match up to that, or at least an adapter. The cone has a 5in diameter, is there any tubes that go from that size down? Doubt it'll make any sort of power difference, but haven't heard it ever being done, and i LOVED the COBB Intake cone. (d16y7 by the way)

Thanks again!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts
google would be able to help you. at the very least an exhaust shop or fabrication shop should be able to make a tapered pipe

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Buy a pipe that fits the other side and take it to an exhaust shop like slo said. They can use the hydraulic pipe expander machine to make the other end fit the filter.

These mexican dudes around the corner did that exact thing for me. Brought them tacos after they declined my offer to buy them beer :TU:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You can buy a megaphone (like from mandrel-bends.com), and have someone weld pipe to the end of it. That would be a good, high flow, adapter. It will be pretty long though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
google would be able to help you. at the very least an exhaust shop or fabrication shop should be able to make a tapered pipe
I was looking on Google for 5in intake pipes but nothing came up. Google is always my first stop, now I just have no idea where to look. I'm looking for a fab shop in my area now. Thanks! :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy a pipe that fits the other side and take it to an exhaust shop like slo said. They can use the hydraulic pipe expander machine to make the other end fit the filter.

These mexican dudes around the corner did that exact thing for me. Brought them tacos after they declined my offer to buy them beer :TU:
I'll totally try that! Thank you!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can buy a megaphone (like from mandrel-bends.com), and have someone weld pipe to the end of it. That would be a good, high flow, adapter. It will be pretty long though.
Never heard of a "megaphone" but i'll look into it, thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts