Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo...i have a wideband air fuel ratio meter and was wondering if i could make it work with my narrowband o2 sensor? its all connected by it cant get a signal so it displays this in its center display: - - -
and the multi-color leds dont light up...thanks for any and all input!!! :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
buy a wideband sensor and have a bung welded onto your header.

Factory ECU is happy with the narrow, you get to see the wideband light show.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats the only reason i want it...i love the lights and the ladies love it...LMFAO!!!...just trippin
...so i have to buy a wideband sensor?...but what is a bung?...noob here...ahha... =) ...thanks!!!
i have aftermarket headers with 2 spots for o2 sensors...is that what ur talkin about?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
lets starts over ok?????

What wideband setup you have?????

Any decent wideband meter would come with the proper sensor.....assuming you bought it new.

Your second O2 sensor location could be a easy to use location.......as long as it's not in the tailpipe!!!!

more details is needed.........

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the meter is used cuz i just took it from my friend...it was laying around and i thought hey what the hell might as well have a light show in my car...so i installed it...

the way i installed it was just tapped the o2 sensor wire...that definetly didnt work...haha...

first location is in the first tube...its right in front of the radiator...
second location is where all 4 pipes meet...my header is 4-2-1 so it meets close to where my cat is...even though i dont have a cat... =D

·
Registered
376 Posts
In my last car i ran a A/F ratio gauge, and that was it. Was the most annoying thing in the word. I didn't have it in very long after that. Do the right way so it will help in tuning in the future.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Did you splice into your factory O2 sensor wire? Make sure you patch that up real good with electrical tape. You don't want that wire picking up any interference from your engine and throwing off your ecu.

You need a wideband O2 sensor to run that A/F meter. It's pointless to run it off your narrowband as it only reads 5v or 0v (on or off, lean or rich).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ya, er, get a wideband O2 sensor! Like previously stated, you will want it for future tuning needs, and believe me the ricer light show will get annoying real quick. And to answer your question, a BUNG is a threaded hole in your exhaust that you screw O2 sensors into.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
hold on, do you have a wideband or no?

just having the led display doesnt mean shit. an o2 bung is like 5 or 10 bucks if you need one. also, you should really only leave in the wideband sensor while its being tuned.

you need to clear this post up a little more and we can help you a little more

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hold on, do you have a wideband or no?

just having the led display doesnt mean shit. an o2 bung is like 5 or 10 bucks if you need one. also, you should really only leave in the wideband sensor while its being tuned.

you need to clear this post up a little more and we can help you a little more
oh sorry...
Heres info on whats goin on...

-I have just the Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Meter from FJO...
-My car is running a narrow band sensor...
-My Headers has 2 Bungs on it...one currently being occupied by the narrowband sensor.
-I connected the Meter by cutting the single o2 wire and using a butt-connector crimped it down real good.
-The FJO meter has those LEDs on it and a number readout in the center of the gauge...since its not really reading much, all i get is NO LEDs moving or on...and the center display reads: - - -
-I want to find a way to make it work...
-Is there a way to ghetto rig my current sensor to give me a reading? or do i have to get a wideband o2 sensor?
-Where can i get a wideband o2 sensor?
-The gauge is mounted in front of my shifting console, right below my coin holder/ashtray...so it wont be that annoying...
-The car is a Civic DX (sedan)...D16Z6...just changed from DPFI to MPFI...the ecu is PM6...is there a place on the ecu to get a reading from my o2 sensor? or do i need to get a wideband sensor?
-The Meter has nothing with it...its just the meter itself i have it all hooked up...but nothing happens...it just displays: - - - and none of the LEDs light up...pretty frustrating...
-I only want the cool lights to move back and forth...if possible to get a reading from the center display as well...
-Note my car is still OBD0...so i have no clue what to do...the meter is just the meter itself...i connected the cords for the ground wire...power wire...o2 sensor...and dimmer for when i turn my headlights on...the o2 sensor wire is just a single wire.

help would be great
oh and i dont think id be annoyed by the light...well not yet at least...haha.
thanks all!

·
Registered
52 Posts
bottom line.........you need a wideband o2 sensor that is compatible with your FJO one to make that work.

i have never heard of that brand so your going to have to do some research if you want one.

and if you "just want a light show"

.......buy some neon lights..............:rice:

lol :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bottom line.........you need a wideband o2 sensor that is compatible with your FJO one to make that work.

i have never heard of that brand so your going to have to do some research if you want one.

and if you "just want a light show"

.......buy some neon lights..............:rice:

lol :thumbup:
LMFAO!
nah neon is tooo much...im just wanting something to brighten and give some action to the interior w/o makin it look like im trying to compete in a car show...ill post some pics tomorrow if i can...ima noob sooooo i dunno how to work this forum stuff yet...

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
you shouldnt hook that gauge up under the hood. find your o2 sensor wire on your ECU and tie in there. but if the gauge is meant for a wideband, then you need a wideband.

sell it and get a wideband...just google

1 - 14 of 14 Posts