Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my induction kit today but i am not sure i fitted the airflow sensor properly, anyone know what happens if it is not doing what it should???
Thx :)

P.S. i used the search button but i didint really come across anything like this.. please link if u do ;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i think it is an airflow sensor anyway.... it is located in the box where the airfilter is held..it was there anyway before i fitted the induction kit...o yeah an i dont have a turbo.. i posted in the wrong section lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok me agian.... i think its proper name is mass air sensor... anwyay you guys name know what goes wrong if it isnt taking readings properly??

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
Indution kit you mean cold air intake. I was thinking forced induction. If its the little thing that looks like a 2inch nipple take the grommet in your stock air box drill a hole in new one and put it in and plug in your iat sensor. If none of this is helping please post a pic of what your talking about.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i mean a cold air intake.. i posted in a wrong section.. i did wall that you said but i wanna know what happens if it aint working properly.. just top be sure i didt it all right... ill post pics tomorrow if i have time.. Thx

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
ok me agian.... i think its proper name is mass air sensor... anwyay you guys name know what goes wrong if it isnt taking readings properly??
Is this a Civic engine we're talking about?

Honda uses a MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) and IAT sensor(Intake Air Temperature) to calculate Speed Density. aka. How much air is flowing into the manifold.

Nissan uses a MAF sensor (Mass Air Flow) and IAT to calculate air flow.

Is the sensor you're talking about black with a pointed probe? If so, that is your IAT sensor and you need it so the ecu can adjust the amount of fuel and timing according to the Intake Air Temperature.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So your telling me my D14 is the only D14 with this sensor..??? I'll just try to take a pic of the sensor today and post it.. but im prettey sure every car with EFI must have one to calculate the air flowing into the engine:S..

·
Registered
834 Posts
No such thing as an airflow sensor on the D14. The D14 is essentially the same thing as a USDM D16Y7 (destroked of course), and you are looking at the IAT (intake air temp) sensor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts