Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone post up pics of their turbo setups with an air filter on it? i just want to get an idea of where to put an air filter or run the pipes to. on my setup it seems that i don't have any room for one. i got and EF hatch but any pictures will do.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
my compressor is on the driver side...
well, i understand why you say you dont think you can get a filter in there.....its a real tight fit. I cant get pics up until saturday or i would show you mine.

but trust me, if i can get a .63 exhaust .70 compressor mounted to a ccfab miniram manifold in there with a filter, then im sure you can get a filter too. My filter has a 4" inlet/outlet and is 3.5"long

check out knfilters.com

find what you want, go to summit, and search the part number and order it throgh them. you will have it in 2 days.

mine is RU2510 i believe, but im sure you will find what you need with a quick search through k&n.

good luck.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Not using a filter is a horrible idea...Why risk your entire motor?
right i feel you there but when i was running a 14b i never used a filter or when i had a t3 48 60 and never had chipped blades or anything wrong happend. but once i get up to a t3/t4 i use filters. its just i had a friend who has running a mushroom filter and the turbo ate it lol.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i use a mushroom filter on mine, hasnt let me down yet.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
my filter is damn tiny on mine.....like i said above, its got a 4" outlet flange to bolt to the turbo and it is only 3.5"long. its a cone filter, its about 5.5" diameter at the base and about 4.75" diameter at the end.

will this kill my power since there is very minimal surface area compared to alot of other setups?

its kinda making me wonder the more and more i think about it. can anyone verify a tiny filter killing power?

thanks

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
right i feel you there but when i was running a 14b i never used a filter or when i had a t3 48 60 and never had chipped blades or anything wrong happend. but once i get up to a t3/t4 i use filters. its just i had a friend who has running a mushroom filter and the turbo ate it lol.
You do realize that the filter keeps all the dirt and dust from scoring up your cylinders right? If the turbo is garbage or ball bearing you should still run a filter it at all possible.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
bump, for more pictures of peoples filters on the turbo.

I ran a k&n, but that shit keep falling off. one of the tech mentioned that the housing needs to be cleaned with mine isn't.... I have no idea how I'm going to run my pcv or what filter I'm going to use on my turbo for my recent build.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts