Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to go about installing an aftermarket racing wheel in a 7th gen? nobody seems to sell the installation/adapter kit, due to the airbag i guess. any help would be great. thanks

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
if its a dd imo, id keep the factory steering wheel, and not risk your life without having a airbag

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
get some momo aluminum floor mat deals and a nice shift boot and knob that will do a lot for makin your interior look better

·
Banned
2,119 Posts
if its a dd imo, id keep the factory steering wheel, and not risk your life without having a airbag
if i wouldnt of had an airbag in my car, i would be dead right now. Id much rather take a burnt face from an airbag, then a snapped neck on a ricer ass daily driver steering wheel

·
Registered
27 Posts

I like mine It's a pretty easy straight forward install. The hardest part is getting the SRS ribbon out. As for hubs, I think any 96+ honda one will work. I have the EK/RSX one.
I have the NRG short hub, NRG 2.0 quick release, and Personal Neo Grinta 330mm steering wheel.
It's a good setup, and completely changes the whole feel of the car!

·
Registered
94 civic dx sedan
93 Posts
I like the looks of the aftermarket wheel I might do this since my airbag system is dead. and if your wearing your seat belt you dont need the airbag that much.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i put a momo steering wheel in my dd.....but mine was more for security reasons....well and that its a baller ass steering wheel..........but i do understand the whole air bag thing......i just hate em......the clean up after.....the resetting of codes ect......price.....but im also doing mine so no lights are on....and a cruise control relocate...lol

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
i went the true race car route, NASCAR approved...

Longarce splinned quick release hub... its welded in place... :td:

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts