Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be any emmisions issues with ANY aftermarket intake manifold systems..?

"speed racer", "obx", etc....

they seem to be of a different design... these are all d-series

can they really increase an additional "10- 15hp"..?

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Intake manifold design affects emissions.

Aftermarket manifolds are designed to increase power at high engine speeds and are not well suited for a stock engine. You will not see a 10-15 hp increase with a stock d-series engine, as far as I know.

For a stock (or nearly stock) engine, stick with a z6 or y8 OEM manifold.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Intake manifold design affects emissions.

Aftermarket manifolds are designed to increase power at high engine speeds and are not well suited for a stock engine. You will not see a 10-15 hp increase with a stock d-series engine, as far as I know.

For a stock (or nearly stock) engine, stick with a z6 or y8 OEM manifold.

This guy speaks the truth from everything I have read. I have friends that have after market ones and they did not notice a difference but they are pretty much stock engines that "look" fast lol.

I went with the OEM y8 manifold just because it is supposed to flow a little better but I really could not tell a difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good looking out all... im just upgrading to a b series throttle body and thats it then... take it easy fellas

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
You mean it's C.A.R.B. approved or it is suited for a stock d16 (or both)?
nope, really did mean bureau of automotive repair. it is carb approved also, but thats if your only running the manifold as a mod no "intake" or with the edelbrock turbo kit. i was saying that if you have to get a B.A.R. inspection (CHP inspection, etc) it will pass. (as some know) in cali you can have a smog compliant mod (C.A.R.B.), but it will not pass a visual (B.A.R., CHP, etc). the edelbrock will pass both, with the above stipulations of course on the intake and turbo system.

before you put the b series throttle body on i'd read this
www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=70926&highlight=throttle+bodies
that thread was for a stock IM + a bigger TB. the edelbrock unit has a 62mm opening and a 60mm TB would work perfect with that manifold, assuming you have the other supporting mods for a IM upgrade. the reason it would work for that manifold is cause it would retain the TB to IM "step". and that would fall into the porting of the IM/TB question. which would lead to different subject and beyond most on the thread so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts