Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now from what I gathered, the stock dohc zc intake manifold flows the best out.of stock.manifolds, and will support 400hp boosted, for a fairly simple build cams bolts ons tune, would it.be advantageous to switch to a aftermarket unit, for.instance say a, edelbrock . for midrange and better overall flow.. or is the.money spent in better places.. btw.I.know d series off the shelf pieces do not.just bolt up. thanks

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is.almost a beating a dead horse post, pretty.much the same principles apply in all.motors, but the dihc zc is a special beast, which is why im asking other.members if they have had and experience with changing manifolds and the out come.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The only one I would bother with is an Edelbrock, but it is a pain to fit, since we need the adapter plate. Lurker had to smack his HF brake booster with an adjustment tool to make it fit, abs you have to run very stiff mounts to prevent the manifold from bonking the booster every time you get on the gas.

Honestly, a ported stock manifold is going to be your best bet, I think. It fits, prong it correctly will help everything and that is certainly morethan enough, especially if you get an OBD1 manifold top easily bolt on larger TBs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts