Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan on purchasing a intake manifold for my 97 civic non-vtec motor or 90 soch motor; really don't know which one to build and has more potential..Any input/combo would be greatly appreciated..

I don't want to spend much and can't find a complete y8 manifold either. I was looking at the sknk2, blox and obx ones..Obviusly, the obx is the cheapest one..I already have the p29 pistons.

Anyone have experience with the obx ones?? Good/ bad??Let me know..Looking to build a N/A motor, DD..

Thanks in advance.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
i bet if you had over 65 posts you could find a y8 manifold for sale today... theres one for sale on here complete for less then 100 bux.

if i were you i would be looking for a y8 manifold.
OBX manifold = dogshit

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
unless your going to do a higher hp build i would spend your money other places rather than a new mani. a y8 wouldnt be a bad upgrade for flow and what not though

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have a s2 manifold on my d15 thats fairly stock except for a few minor bolt ons and an a6 camshaft, I figured it would with my 50 shot. All together there wasn't a very noticeable gain except in the upper rpm ranges around 4500-6500 where I picked up a little power but it work a lot better with a camshaft and headporting, or turbo The Blox is pretty much a s2 mani without the s2 badging same casting just cheaper. I also have an obx manifold but it hit the master cylinder so some hacking and rewelding may be necessary, keep in mind though this was in my 91 hatch not sure about ek, there are also alot of rough edges that need to be smoothed out and the flanges are usually warped....verdict: they're shit don't buy one. As for the y8 it would probably be a good mod with the increase in plenum size but you probably won't notice much. I would say go with an s2 beacause they have pretty good quality, good engineering, and are overall a good mod for a built d.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I don't want to spend much and can't find a complete y8 manifold either.
your not looking hard enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-98-CIVIC-INTAKE-MANIFOLD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36474QQihZ007QQitemZ170182463024QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW <- just add a tb to it. your fuel rail will swap over. you could even use your tb, if you have the skills to mod it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Civic-96-00-SOHC-VTEC-D16Y8-Intake-Manifold-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118QQcategoryZ107063QQihZ016QQitemZ260185424982QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V <- and this one is a complete unit

they sell a lot of oem y8 manifolds on ebay, you just have to look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts