Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'96 Civic Coupe DX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a new header for my 96 dx coupe, i have a question because the new header only has one place for a o2 sensor, so if i just let the other one hang in the engine bay what would that do for me? Are there better ways to go about this?

·
Registered
353 Posts
well considering that you're car's going to be OBD2 it's got stricter emissions controls (2 oxygen sensors obviously) so you're more than likely going to get a check engine light and it might effect your performance. It's more or less going to make your engine think that you're catalytic converter is clogged. One's before the catalytic converter and one's after.

·
Registered
'96 Civic Coupe DX
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so im thinking just deal with it until i can get an obd1 ecu and whatnot?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Fortunately since it's a '96 it's less picky about what that 2nd o2 reads. As long as it's in the exhaust, :TU:

'99-up, sometimes just a muffler change can throw an o2 CEL... pita.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Hey, I have a new header for my 96 dx coupe, i have a question because the new header only has one place for a o2 sensor, so if i just let the other one hang in the engine bay what would that do for me? Are there better ways to go about this?
the exact same thing happened to me just buy a stainless e-gay o2 bung and have a shop or you weld it in close to the stock o2 sensor location. until i just unpluged the o2. but im not sure if you should just let it hang or unplug.

i got a bung for $1 and got it welded in for $10

1 - 10 of 10 Posts