Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Move this if it needs to be someplace else.

Does anyone have a brand/model for an aftermarket 52mm fuel gauge that works with the stock sending unit on a 91 civic? The sending unit resistor range is goofy and doesn't match the usual stuff out there

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
Probably need to use a micro controller to use a standard 52mm gauge off the market.
( to interpolate sensor readings and feed a aftermarket gauge)

Just finished up a custom TFT display on for A/F, ic temp, ect, and boost/vac using a arduino.
Pretty simple if you can code and can do a bit of circuits

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Contact Xenocron, ask for the HRTuning fuel converter. Works with many stock fuel sending units, programmable empty and full ranges via 2 buttons, outputs 0-5v representing empty to full. Must disconnect fuel gauge wire from cluster.

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are a bit spendy. I'm hoping to find a gauge that has a resistance range close enough to the sending unit to work mostly good enough.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,290 Posts
These are a bit spendy. I'm hoping to find a gauge that has a resistance range close enough to the sending unit to work mostly good enough.
not gonna happen...goofy Honda resistance is futile.

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
We found that most vehicles out there have close to the same resistance, so J.R. and I came up with a nice unit to accommodate different units resistance, age/wear and tear. So with this unit you can drain your tank down to empty or as low as you'd like to keep some reserve and program the empty, then fill up, give it a minute to settle, then set full, BAMM! output is custom tailored to your sending unit.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,290 Posts
Also factor in the EF Civic.CRX tanks has issues with "slosh" and some need to run at 3/4 or above to prevent pickup issues.

Dang rules :)

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
3/4 is a little higher than we've seen in the Tape-R or I've seen in the CRX...but with a good sticky tire, we'd have anywhere from 3-6 gallons left in the tank when getting fuel starve in a right hand corner.

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We found that most vehicles out there have close to the same resistance, so J.R. and I came up with a nice unit to accommodate different units resistance, age/wear and tear.
Tell me more. How much? How do I get one?

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Contact Xenocron, ask for the HRTuning fuel converter. Works with many stock fuel sending units, programmable empty and full ranges via 2 buttons, outputs 0-5v representing empty to full. Must disconnect fuel gauge wire from cluster.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
just get a junkyard console and grab the fuel gauge

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just get a junkyard console and grab the fuel gauge
We get stuff like that from one of our sponsors, but that wouldn't work for our needs. It's in the gauge cluster in our race car. We just need to get an idea of how much fuel we have when we come into service so we can decide how much to add.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts