Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are looking for aftermarket enginemounts for my d16z6 engine, where can i find some? and whats the most common price on them?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Do you mean after market mounts or just regular mounts?
If you asking about after market, I have seen a few companies but can't remember their names at the moment but you should know that they are a bit expensive.
What I did for mine, I guess some of the d16z6 that came on the ex model can be use with a b series engine, you will notice the difference right away. Its has aluminum surrounding the mount instead of being the all black mount, at least the one that came on my wifes 95 EX did.
You need not just the motor mount you will also need the bracket that attach's to the block that hold the mount.
This should be a cheap alternative to after market mounts that cost an arm and a leg.

PS- You can use stock motor mounts and use after market inserts with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry cxhatch, didnt find any mounts for the d16z6, only mounts for B-series swaps and replacement mounts for civic 96 and up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you mean after market mounts or just regular mounts?
If you asking about after market, I have seen a few companies but can't remember their names at the moment but you should know that they are a bit expensive.
What I did for mine, I guess some of the d16z6 that came on the ex model can be use with a b series engine, you will notice the difference right away. Its has aluminum surrounding the mount instead of being the all black mount, at least the one that came on my wifes 95 EX did.
You need not just the motor mount you will also need the bracket that attach's to the block that hold the mount.
This should be a cheap alternative to after market mounts that cost an arm and a leg.

PS- You can use stock motor mounts and use after market inserts with them.
thaks! i will look in to it right away. I already got the brackets just need some mounts, i dont have the original d16z6 mounts as i bought it as a loose engine. Some cheap oem mounts will do to, but i thought " hey, why dont get some better aftermarket mounts when i still have the engine on the engine stand"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts