Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom Clutch Cable Made

For those of you that havent been following my build thread I had a custom clutch cable made @California Push/Pull.
1.The rubber end was deleted and an aluminum spacer was put into place
2. The Plastic adjusting nut was replaced with a regular nut and steel threaded part
3. The cable diameter is larger(strength test to ~3500 lbs)

I installed it roughly a week ago and it is holding up great. No more REALLY harsh engagements or soft feeling pedal. ANd the pedal height is nice as well

Here are some pics

Edit... More pix
:bigok:

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$115 plus a core so they can use the ends
Thats right, A little spendy But then again I have probably spent that in oem cables.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn dude is your tranny painted black or is it just really greasy?? haha.

nice cable.
Wrinkle/whatever was nearby black :bigok:

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Dang! That's perfect. I've been through lots of OEM and aftermarket clutch cables. (I've welded and reinforced my pedal assembly.) That looks fantastic!

Do you mind my asking how much you paid for it?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dang! That's perfect. I've been through lots of OEM and aftermarket clutch cables. (I've welded and reinforced my pedal assembly.) That looks fantastic!

Do you mind my asking how much you paid for it?
Yea all in all it cost me a cable(for the pedal ends and rubber piece) and 125.00 shipped. In the beginning I was quoted was lower but then I added a few things to the cable to make it stronger.(aluminum spacer and medal adjuster)

·
Registered
527 Posts
this is a very good idea i was planning on running a competition clutch stg4 ,
someone was telling me its a 1600 pound pressure plate not too shure if the stocker cable will hold up. What clutch are you running?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
I run the CC stg4 and the stock cable has a tough time with it. My first cable stretched and I had to buy a new one. Been running the new one for about 10k, but I am almost out of adjustment on it.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
You don't need a DA assembly. There are write-ups on how to properly brace your current pedal box.
Yeah, and those write-ups require a welder, which I do not have or plan on buying. :p A simple swap would be the easiest solution.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No simple Pedal swap that I know of. I run a Stage 5 Competition(sprung). The pedal assembly that is in the car now is completely stock. Supposely the 88-89 are weaker than the 90-91 But I have not bent/broke this one yet. I have a used 91 pedal assembly that I am going to rebrace and swap in when I come back home. Oh and by the way I only have to adjust this nut down around 1.5 inches to get a perfect engagement/disengagment. I still have around 1.5 inches or so of adjustment, so even if the cable does stretch a little I will have enough adjuster to compensate, Unlike the OEM cable.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wow, i reallllly like this idea for my build. GREAT IDEA AND INFO MAN!!
No problem bro I hope this keeps the cable trans guys motivation alive!!!:bigok:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts