Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is more of a warning than anything else about aftermarket crank pulleys.

I had an incident similar to some others here with a crank pulley coming loose. In my case it happened ~10,000mi after an engine rebuild. Probably a result of an old bolt and the fact that I used an impact wrench to tighten instead of a torque wrench.

Anywho, follow the link to see slow-mo footage of a brand new ATP brand (part #: 102176) pulley wobble at idle:

I should also note that the original factory pulley never had even the slightest wobble, before or after the rebuild.

Now to hunt down a decently priced straight OEM pulley....

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, are d series crank pulleys interchangeable to some degree?

I technically have both A/C and PS, though my A/C is currently without a belt as it's borked.

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah...I'm just going to source a straight used OE pulley on here, or at pick n' pull if no one has one laying around, then just return it (thanks amazon prime!).

I just don't have the time to waste trying to get replacements sorted out and gambling on the replacement being an improvement over the first one they sent. It's not that it's that difficult to replace, but it is tedious lol

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would consider something like that.....but it is my daily and I do like the power steering.

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made it to Pick n' Pull and grabbed myself a Z6 pulley. Haven't had a chance to install it, but it looks identical to the B7 pulley in terms of physical dimensions. I'll post back on whether or not it fits for sure once I install it.

Hopefully this will help anyone in the future who find themselves in the same boat.

·
Registered
'94 DX Sedan
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have confirmed that a Z6 pulley will absolutely fit on a B7. Everything fits and lines up perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts