Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there have aftermarket camshaft, valve springs, and retainers
on a d17a2?
If so, what kind and how does it run? Pleaze let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crower

Well from what I have been seeing Crower cams are fairly popular on the d17 engines, they have a stage 1, stage 2,and 3 both N/A cams and turbo cams, as well as valve springs. The website that sells them is Dezod Motorsports Inc-We ARE performance. Scion tC turbo pros!. As far as how they run, i cant tell you from personal experience, but check out a guy on you tube under the name of Strose09 he has some good videos of the d17a2 with stage 2 n/a cams on it. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
311 Posts
id liek to see gains on this im realy iterested in caming my d17

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
camshaft upgrading

Just done talking with my local dealer last week and now I'm gonna order those Crower Stage 2 NA camshaft with valve springs and
Retainers kit. Also an AEM cam gear and pulley kit to go with it. Hope see some hp gains.
I post some results after dynoed

·
Registered
311 Posts
ugh get k pro vafc2 is garbage

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
No, not fuck that. Kpro is the best damn mod you can do to a D17.

The car is going to run like shit on the VAFC. He's changing the cam, so he's going to need to futz with the timing, which can't be done with the VAFC. An adjustable cam gear isn't going to do shit because the stock ECU will tune right around any adjustments he makes to it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Someone did this a while ago his name was djmota. He managed around 150whp with kpro but only 133 whp with vafc. He managed low 14's when he was on like a 50 shot.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No, not fuck that. Kpro is the best damn mod you can do to a D17.

The car is going to run like shit on the VAFC. He's changing the cam, so he's going to need to futz with the timing, which can't be done with the VAFC. An adjustable cam gear isn't going to do shit because the stock ECU will tune right around any adjustments he makes to it.
thanks foos and honestly i cant think o any good use for vafc 2 its fuking garbage and a waste of money see the post below 17 whp difference for the same mods with k pro i would pay 1k any day for another 17 whp minus the cost of vafc its hella worth it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well thanx a lot for all your input. I had put aside about $2k for my upgrade now it will have to wait. I would love to go K-pro but my wife and are in the process of purchasing our first house.
Hopefully next summer. Let's kill this thread.

·
Registered
311 Posts
caam spring and retainers run what 1200$ maybe plus 1200 for kpro and depending on the tuner 300$ i mean ur not far off with 2 k bud

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
A metric ass-ton of 7th gen owners are dumping their performance bits on 7thgenhonda.com right now so you could probably pick up springs and retainers and probably a cam as well for pretty cheap. That said you're looking at no more than $700 for the valve train bits (new), you can use D16 valve springs so that opens up your options a bit as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts