Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be swapping stock head internals from a y8 head to a p&p y8 head. I was thinking I might as well get a cam since price isn't really out of my range to buy one. I have a stock block and the only reason I would bother to put a cam in is because I plan on building the block eventually so I might as well do it while im swapping vavles and keepers and stuff into the p&p head. The thing is being able to rev higher with an aftermarket cam than my stock one, will I risk fucking something up with the infamous y8 oil pump not being able to keep up?

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
with the aftermarket cam, dont look at it as being able to rev higher, the cam has nothing to do with that. the springs and retainers are what keep your valves from dropping and makin your motor go boom. The oil pump on y8s at fine for stock rpm limits. Just with the cam it will let the motor breath more. I had a Zex stg 2 with a stock block and ended up spinnin a rod bearing due to drivin it so hard.

If your lookin at a cam, theres different ones for what you want.

Bisimoto is the best period
Zex is good
Crower is good
Skunk2 is good

Look at those brands, just make sure to go at least stg 2, stg 1 IMO is pointless

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill check into some of those, and I might just leave the springs and retainters stock becuase D's usually make lower end power anyways (well at least for a honda)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts