Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have videos of their d's idling with any type of aftermarket cam. i would like to hear the difference. so if anyone has anything they can post please help me out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
when you first start the engine, after a build you want to start from idle rpm range 0-1200 or so and balance that out to 13.5 ? then work you're way up the rpm band balancing the a/f ratio to 13.1 ?

this is for my engine build which is identical to marcin, d16z6 in a ef, crower stg3,itb's, etc etc

thanks, i'm new to tunning concepts

·
Registered
407 Posts
when you first start the engine, after a build you want to start from idle rpm range 0-1200 or so and balance that out to 13.5 ? then work you're way up the rpm band balancing the a/f ratio to 13.1 ?

this is for my engine build which is identical to marcin, d16z6 in a ef, crower stg3,itb's, etc etc

thanks, i'm new to tunning concepts

this is a good article about break in/start up
http://importbuilders.com/breakinarticle.htm
this is another article about break in/start up
http://laskeyracing.com/shop/breakin.htm

as well as this has some good pointers about tuning, although there is some not great info about vtec in there.
http://importbuilders.com/tuningacar.htm

·
Registered
512 Posts
advertised duration: Int=280.5 / Ex=300.6
duration @ .050: Int= 230.6 / Ex= 218.9
lobe seperation: 111.6
gross lift: 417/432

Non-Vtec. Running sidedraught carbs. Not yet in the car though, awaiting forged internals. Gonna spray 150 shot DP.

Who needs Vtec when you can lope like crazy ? :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
advertised duration: Int=280.5 / Ex=300.6
duration @ .050: Int= 230.6 / Ex= 218.9
lobe seperation: 111.6
gross lift: 417/432

Non-Vtec. Running sidedraught carbs. Not yet in the car though, awaiting forged internals. Gonna spray 150 shot DP.

Who needs Vtec when you can lope like crazy ? :)

hehe. that should be interesting. =)

just curious which cam that is that you plan on using?

thanks
m.

·
Registered
512 Posts
No idea, it's a custom grind. The head it once resided in was once ported at DH-Racing though.

I got it off Lohatch through the D-series classifieds. First I'm gonna get my carbs running properly though, they're only a set of PHH40's so until I can afford to go built I'll be running a Delta 282 or so on virtually stock compression, but with the ported head nonetheless. Should be interesting as well.

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
Car sounds good tuna.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
238* 225* @.050
.442/.468
What are the non-vtec lobes? That thing purrs.
Does anyone have a clip of a delta cam? There seems to be a lot of people with them but no clips.

Also, what is the deal with intake bias on 99% of honda cams?
Of the honda head I flowed and the sheets I have seen on the internet, the stock intake is roughly 50-60cfm better than the exhaust.

IMO, intake bias cams are usually hype.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts