Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently swapped a d16y8 into my hatch which was a d16y7 originally. The problems I am having is two things specifically.

1. I had the car running but with a hunting idle using the y7 harness but then tore the harness out for troubleshooting. Now that the harness is back in I can start the car and it will idle but dies once applying throttle. I'm guessing there is something I missed during re installation of the harness but can't figure out what.

2. The hunting idle. I know this topic has been worn out but I have checked the iacv and looked for vacuum leaks as well. One thing I did notice however is there is a nipple for a hose under my intake blowing quite a bit of air but I don't know what the other end of a hose would go.

I'm sort of a n00b at working on cars myself but I'm teaching myself as I go.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Pictures of "nipple"?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,401 Posts
plug the nipple, its a huge vacuum leak if you haven't noticed. also, did you mix up 2 plugs?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
He said it "blows" air, not sucks.

·
4,401 Posts
He said it "blows" air, not sucks.
if it looks like one of these

it pushes air. atleast it did on fodo's intake when we forgot to cap it

or maybe Im thinking something else, but anyway, there is a port on the back that looks like that and needs to be capped

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Sorry for not posting right back. I had some other stuff I had to take care of.

Here is the nipple underneath the intake...

Thats the black box. There should be a pcv valve there. Which would tehn go to a hose on the front of thenintake manifold.

What you have now looks like they had a catch can setup there.
Also post a over all pic of the intake manifold

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Intake manifold

The tip cap is where the pcv hose should go.
The bottom cap is for evap.

The cause of then idle is most likely due to a vaccum leak.
There is a small hose in the back of the intake manifold. Most people over look it. It goes to cruis control for the y8 ex body.

Check back there and see if its cap or open.

·
4,401 Posts
Here's some more pics of the IM

spray carb cleaner over all the ports, on the tb gasket, on the intake, anywhere you might think theres a vacuum leak. listen for the engine to change idle. if it doesn't, then its something else....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Got the car running without idle problems but now the cluster and all the lights are going nuts. Cluster is bouncing around and flashing (speedometer spinning). The engine also has a lack of power and sounds/drives rough.

·
4,401 Posts
vss for the speedo

1 - 20 of 23 Posts