Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
I'm still running my stocks right now and have been ok with them at roughly 200 whp. Bizzar is running gator axles and has good success with them

·
Shoot me!
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stay with stock. if you upgrade axles, whats going to take the abuse and break?

IMO, a cheap OEM axle is a lot better to break than a built trans...
Good point way easier and hell of alot cheaper to replace a axle.

you could always go for the autozone lifetime warrantied ones... lol if you do break.. replacement for free!
Good info to know i can see them hating me lmfao broke another one now replace it bitch. Lifetime warranty ftw.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
ive got stock axles on my ride and they've heald up for more than 100 passes at the track. i think the one think that really breaks axles is wheel hop from street tires. an lsd makes a huge differance on axles because it transfers the power more evenly to both axles.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Autozone rebuilt axels blow goat nads. If you want good, rebuilt axels, spend the cash and get Raxles. Call them up and ask for Marty. He's the shizzle.

If you want beefed up aftermarket axels, The Driveshaft Shop seems to have the best ones around.

·
Registered
629 Posts
i'll stick to stock axles unless i have a really big problem with them. i'd rather break an axle than a tranny or clutch. Keep in mind that the stiffer the motor mounts, the more of a chance you have of breaking driveline components. Something has to give.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts