Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AFC is on it's way... just wanted to ask some questions
what would be the best settings for stock injectors @ WOT?
and would it be safe to push it @ 10psi on stock injectors?

Thanks in advance,

-phong
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,189 Posts
with the AFC hack...no it would not be safe to go to 10psi...the AFC hack would only be good to say 6-8 psi max, otherwise it would be time to up the engine and fuel management.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,075 Posts
i wouldnt use the stock injectors if you want to run 10psi, get some dsm 450cc so the hack can trick the map into not seeing boost your just gonna get a cel with the stock injectors. but yes an afc can tune up to 10psi even more, also what turbo are u using because 10 psi is different depending on the turbo.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have to repalce the injectors (stocks) if your going to go past 5-6psi. so no you cannot run 10psi on stock injectors. get some prelude injectors of simular yr as your car and they are usually about 310cc or so. then have a pro shop tune the afc to work with your injectors correctly. You will also need an FMU and a missing link to keep the map sensor from seeing boost. ven then, 10psi on the afc iss till not recommended but it's your motor. me,i'm invest in a noce standalone and get some 440-550 injectors and have it all professionally installed, tuned and then jsut drive it and have fun w/o any worries.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oscarmayer said:
you have to repalce the injectors (stocks) if your going to go past 5-6psi. so no you cannot run 10psi on stock injectors. get some prelude injectors of simular yr as your car and they are usually about 310cc or so. then have a pro shop tune the afc to work with your injectors correctly. You will also need an FMU and a missing link to keep the map sensor from seeing boost. ven then, 10psi on the afc iss till not recommended but it's your motor. me,i'm invest in a noce standalone and get some 440-550 injectors and have it all professionally installed, tuned and then jsut drive it and have fun w/o any worries.

Oscar`s right, I was curious so I looked up (in crome) what your duty cycle in boost would be with stock injectors. 6000rpm @ 5.8psi you will be at 77% duty cycle...it is recommended to never exceed 80% duty cycle because it does bad things to injectors. Just get bigger injectors.

With the AFC hack you will need to retard your timing, when the AFC fools the map it also advances your timing.

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=4383.0
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have no real fuel management right now, just a fuel regulator reading @ 55... got a missing link (BLOX) - works great!, no more limp ECU.

my setup:

HF manifold w/Ford Porbe Turbo
Custom 3 inch pipe from turbo out
Custom charge pipes with Greddy BOV
1990 Supra Intercooler
BLOX missing Link
STR Fuel Rail
OBX fuel regulator
MSD

It's mostly in the garage, but i did WOT it a few times... I know it's bad with no fuel management, but i couldn't help it after all that hard work putting it together.

----- Looking into getting a FMU for a while til i save enough money for some bigger injectors and some dyno time. If i get a FMU, i would be save stock boost?

Have you guys had any experience with OBX or BLOX FMUs?
I heard Vortech is pretty good but does not come with instructions?

Thanks for the info guys...

My goal is to boost 10 psi... maybe 200whp? Maybe i could do it in a couple more months!
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
turbo_phong said:
but i couldn't help it after all that hard work putting it together.
Famous last words....



when you blow it up for not having at least a 10:1 fmu, then do NOT come here crying. you know better. STOP acting like an adolisent child and start thinking responsible. if your not running an fmu minium your running the engine so lean and hot that your going to melt it down. an FMU off ebay costs about $85-110 for a new and less for a used one. Think about it. I'm sure you piss more than that away each week. eat some peanutbutter sandwiches and spend the $ to save your car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
oscarmayer said:
Famous last words....



when you blow it up for not having at least a 10:1 fmu, then do NOT come here crying. you know better. STOP acting like an adolisent child and start thinking responsible. if your not running an fmu minium your running the engine so lean and hot that your going to melt it down. an FMU off ebay costs about $85-110 for a new and less for a used one. Think about it. I'm sure you piss more than that away each week. eat some peanutbutter sandwiches and spend the $ to save your car.

dang, do you have any kids?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,585 Posts
d15dunebuggy said:
dang, do you have any kids?
Dont mind that bro, he is obviously answering you in a asshole kind of way.
Get some DSM' 450's and run the AFC hack. If you do so lmk I can help you set it up for a good street tune..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,414 Posts
oscarmayer said:
Famous last words....



when you blow it up for not having at least a 10:1 fmu, then do NOT come here crying. you know better. STOP acting like an adolisent child and start thinking responsible. if your not running an fmu minium your running the engine so lean and hot that your going to melt it down. an FMU off ebay costs about $85-110 for a new and less for a used one. Think about it. I'm sure you piss more than that away each week. eat some peanutbutter sandwiches and spend the $ to save your car.
 
O

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no I'm not trying to be a "asshole" I was trying to get your attenetion and get you to "THINK" about your doing before you destroy your project. in the past being suddle never worked so I started being a hard point to people online and while some don;t liek it, it DOEs how ever get you to think about what your doing. and that's why I made it. it's exactly true. I've heard those words 100s of times and it always yes always in the end leads to desaster.

YES I have 2 young kids and my daughter who is the oldest (6) has already started thinking about her actions before she does something. when she does something wrong I discuss with her what she did, why she got into trouble. my first question to her is always "Do you know why you git in trouble?" she 99% of the time now can answer it correctly. There's nothing wrong with making you guys think before you act. and that's all I'm trying to do because i hate to see you guys ruin good motors and projects over haste.

here's is something that is 100% true in car world. "Haste makes Waste".

hope this give you a better understanding of why sometimes i respond the way I do.
Also 8.5 years of the marines taight me to be straight to the point, so that also tends to come out.
 

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
Joined
·
11,892 Posts
turbo_phong said:
It's mostly in the garage, but i did WOT it a few times... I know it's bad with no fuel management, but i couldn't help it after all that hard work putting it together.
Don't become sig material

|
V
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top