Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kay i know that with a hack you ADVANCE TIMING and that is a no no with turbo, but i also know that with an MSD BTM, you RETARD timing....so my question is, if i was to go with the afc hack and use an msd btm, would it help or would it be just a big contradicting issue?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Dont sounds safe.. Why not use Chrome/ubderdata?? "free"

D

·
0 Posts
BoOsTeD_eX said:
kay i know that with a hack you ADVANCE TIMING and that is a no no with turbo, but i also know that with an MSD BTM, you RETARD timing....so my question is, if i was to go with the afc hack and use an msd btm, would it help or would it be just a big contradicting issue?
thats a question i was wondering, altho uber/chrome is the way to go, this setup would seem pretty easy and brainless to operate =/

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Its kinda funny, a lot of people under estimate the hack. They say it is garbage and it is no good and you will blow your engine if you boost it, I have one thing to say to all that :bull:. You just have to know what you are doing when dealing with the hack. I am gonna us the hack when I turbo my car. Yes there are better things like uberdata and chrome, but the hack can get the job done to.

This may help out all of those using the hack with a turbo car.. http://www.geocities.com/thermalfid16/VAFChack1.html

But to answer your question, I am not sure about it...

D

·
0 Posts
someone correct me on this but isnt the afc "hack" just an A/F controller AKA VAFC ??

·
Registered
836 Posts
VAFC's do have a bad rap. Many people claim that they advance timing...which is possible but your stock ecu can adjust timing seperately from fuel. Also, running an FMU and/or larger injectors allows you to use the VAFC as a minor correction to your fuel map, and not as a fuel supply for your new turbo. Small increases or decreases with a VAFC (say 5-8%) will not affect your stock timing. Tuning your car within 1-2 degrees of detonation should only be done for race purposes anyway....thats just silly for your daily driver.

on a side note, free programs like chrome/uberdata are much better for tuning. They do allow smaller margins of correction to create more power, especialy in the timing department.....but running a correctly installed/tuned VAFC will certainly not HURT your turbo setup within reason.

D

·
0 Posts
Since he pointed that out heres my thought and I have seen it done. Using the VAFC and an MSD BTM does make sense to me basically your controlling your A/F with the hack and retarding you timing with the BTM both necessary for turbo therefore all should work fine. But if you havent bought either already consider using that money toward hondata or crome?!

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I still say the AFC is gay! I'd rather use a FMU. like $35 to chip an ECU, a lot less if you do it yourself. Burner $60, P1 laptop $50, $55 towards a WBO2. Do it right the first time and be done with it.

How much are AFC's $200 + a BTM 50-60?? if you include the btm that's a little over $100 for a WBO2.

D

·
0 Posts
From my understanding you have to use a FMU as well anyway and at least with the hack there is some tuning where an FMU leaves no tuning option

D

·
0 Posts
DUDE we obviously have diff understanding of "FMU" I was thinking as in Vorthech 12:1FMU But if your saying just chip the ECU with uberdata or something I agree thats the better way to go

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sohc Wrath said:
From highest to lowest uber/chrome> hack> fmu
yes i understand this and i'd rather go with uber/crome, but this is my daily driver *ONLY CAR* and i can't afford to try and tune my car YET and it not run! i think i may just save the money and wait till i can afford HONDATA! but i still think that anyone using the AFC HACK ALONG WITH THE MSD BTM would be a not bad idea! but thanks for all of the info guys! aloha

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Sohc Wrath said:
Its kinda funny, a lot of people under estimate the hack. They say it is garbage and it is no good and you will blow your engine if you boost it, I have one thing to say to all that :bull:. You just have to know what you are doing when dealing with the hack. I am gonna us the hack when I turbo my car. Yes there are better things like uberdata and chrome, but the hack can get the job done to.

This may help out all of those using the hack with a turbo car.. http://www.geocities.com/thermalfid16/VAFChack1.html

But to answer your question, I am not sure about it...
I used the hack myself w/ Wideband, and it was a bitch because you cannot tune every RPM/timing ect.. Like chrome/uber/aem ect.. It worked but I was always have to make adjustments everyday depending on weather ect.. As wehre w/ other tuning materials as stated above you can put that in there so it will correct itself through IAT.

·
Registered
910 Posts
The vafc alters the map sensor signal which controls both timing and fuel....so whoever said it does them seperately is wrong. If you subtract on the afc then its sending a lower voltage to the ecu and then gives less fuel and advances timing. At full load you cannot give more fuel or retard timing because thats as far as the fuel/ignition maps can read. If your going to turbo i would not use this setup at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts