Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone here using a AEM water meth kit? any builds using it?

Im wanting to look more into it since there aren't any near by stations that carry race gas or E85 where i live. Not to mention the price on race gas vs methanol.

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Anyone here using a AEM water meth kit? any builds using it?

Im wanting to look more into it since there aren't any near by stations that carry it where i live. Not to mention the price on race gas vs methanol.

Thanks

were do you live?there is a lot of places in the PNW that have meth
i am going to be using it later down the road on my civic but i am not going to us the AEM one i a m going to go with the snow performance one

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
were do you live?there is a lot of places in the PNW that have meth
i am going to be using it later down the road on my civic but i am not going to us the AEM one i a m going to go with the snow performance one
Thanks for the link. I know how it works and all that. I just want first hand experience/review of the kit. I should of reread my first post. I ment there aren't very many stations that carry race gas. I live in the north end of Seattle and there are next to no E85 stations around me. the closest one is out of my way and not worth the drive IMO. Ill have to check out the Snow performance kit too.

i've got a buddy who is a sales guy at horsepowerfreaks....i know their shop car and MANY of their customers run meth....you might contact them and see what they can do for you.

erik getty.... [email protected] they're located in portland, or.

Yeah i used to live in Vancouver so ive heard of them and been to their shop. Their BMW is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
165 Posts
if it was me i would install it my self the snow performance kits is like 3 wires and 1 line and the AEM one is like 6 wires and 1 line it is super easy to install and English racing and HPF carry meth if that is were you live.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks for the link. I know how it works and all that. I just want first hand experience/review of the kit. I should of reread my first post. I ment there aren't very many stations that carry race gas. I live in the north end of Seattle and there are next to no E85 stations around me. the closest one is out of my way and not worth the drive IMO. Ill have to check out the Snow performance kit too.

Yeah i used to live in Vancouver so ive heard of them and been to their shop. Their BMW is pretty impressive.
yea i have help a few friends install the snow one and it is a cake walk to install.

speaking of HPF BMW here is a vid of it running English racing built integra

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
haha thats myles Integra. I was just talking about getting a hold of him about a meth kit.

Edit:

Danz looks like closet E85 station is Maysville or Oak Harbor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the AEM Water meth kit on my STi. It works great but I might switch it the a Hydramist kit for the peace of mind because it has a much better fail safe.
I use 30/70 (30 water / 70 meth) By weight

BTW, there are 2 types of mixing water/meth.
1)By Volume
2) By molecular weight (more exact)

ie. Let's say you have 4 gallons total. 3 Meth gallons and 1 gal. of water
When you mix them you'll have a volume ratio of 25/75. However, since meth is less dense than water you'll have a weight ratio of 30/70.
And the total volume of the 4 gallons mixed would be 3.857 Actual gallons.

Same goes if you mix 1gal Water / 1gal Meth
►By Volume = 50/50
►By weight = 56/44
►Actual gallons = 1.929

I have an MS Excel program that lets you calculate gallons, percentage, add gallons etc...
It's called "bcbluesmethanolmixingToolKit"

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thats good info. thanks. Im assuming you have the 1 gal tank then? how often do you run through a 1 gal? I guess it would depend on how often your hitting boost?
it is all on how you drive it i no people that go threw a tank in 2 weeks and other people that go threw a tank in a month

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thats good info. thanks. Im assuming you have the 1 gal tank then? how often do you run through a 1 gal? I guess it would depend on how often your hitting boost?
x2 good info. I will use AEM Water/Meth in my build :yes:

·
Registered
388 Posts
It was brought to my attention that if the kit fails the motor goes boom. anyone heard of these horror stories and what exactly fails in the kit?
I have a meth kit installed in my d-series turbo and also have a fail pressure switch connected.So if the kit or pump does fail,it switches the management off,thus cutting the motor.Just have to restart after that again
Also have a led light installed where my old clock used to be so when the meth comes on,the light lights up.No light,I know there is a problem

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
It was brought to my attention that if the kit fails the motor goes boom. anyone heard of these horror stories and what exactly fails in the kit?
well the system relies on an electric pump... its just a matter of time till it dies.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts