Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ,
Hope everyone`s doing great. I am having this strange problem in my AEM Uego. Sometimes

1-) It reads AFRs like normal when the car is cold , but as soon as the engine reaches a bit high temps it reads --- ( lean )

2-) Currently , when i am starting the car from a cold start , it reads AFRs , then creeps over to --- (lean). When i apply a bit of throttle , it displays AFR readings then again goes full lean (---).After a few seconds it goes there and stays there

Anyone else ever had this problem ? no one in my circle has this problem that is why i am out of clues what to do ? . The sensor is in my country is v hard to find and have to be imported .

Is the sensor going out ? or there is some problem in the wiring of the uego ?:3dtard:

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Most likely it's the sensor.
There is a sensor test tho.
You remove it from the exhaust but leave it connected to the gauge.
Turn in the power. It should go full lean ---
Then you take a rag and spray it with crab cleaner. Wrap that rag around the sensor and it should go full rich "10" and should stay there for at lest 10 mins I believe.
You can look it up online.

And the aem sensors has to be an aem one. They have a Lazer cut resistor or something so you gotta get it from them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most likely it's the sensor.
There is a sensor test tho.
You remove it from the exhaust but leave it connected to the gauge.
Turn in the power. It should go full lean ---
Then you take a rag and spray it with crab cleaner. Wrap that rag around the sensor and it should go full rich "10" and should stay there for at lest 10 mins I believe.
You can look it up online.

And the aem sensors has to be an aem one. They have a Lazer cut resistor or something so you gotta get it from them.
Thanks man ! will try this today.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ever think that it is accurate and telling you something is wrong and your car is actually going lean?
Yep i did :) . But the car runs / boosts fine without any issues and its been like this for a few days now

Update : I went to a reputable shop here , who checked the wiring . Apparently the power source to the gauge was not correct and the ground was loose as well. Those were fixed on spot. Tried to test the sensor using the method posted above . But it went all lean ( when trying to test for rich ) . So that`s definitely the sensor

Now on my way back , suddenly it started working fine until i reached home it again went to full lean . I parked the car and started it after a few seconds , and it was reading fine. I checked it quite a few times after that and its reading fine since then .

Can there be another problem ?? these sensors die this slowly or just once and for all ??

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
damn...that a high price...

I just replaced mine with the bosch sensor. cost $62.00 I read about the laser cut and resistor which on every thread I read said it was fine and they work just fine.

p.s. the bosch is also laser cut

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
oh and the bonus of they carry a 1 yr warrenty...I run race fuel, looks like every april I will be replacing my o2 for freeeee :D

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
damn...that a high price...

I just replaced mine with the bosch sensor. cost $62.00 I read about the laser cut and resistor which on every thread I read said it was fine and they work just fine.

p.s. the bosch is also laser cut
Part number.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
bosch pn 17018 and it clips in as it should into the uego harness

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
oh and the bonus of they carry a 1 yr warrenty...I run race fuel, looks like every april I will be replacing my o2 for freeeee :D
lol that's not how warranties work. They cover the original purchase, so you'll get to replace it once and then you'll be done :p

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
idk...I guess I only do it with lifetime parts and I keep getting new ones...one autozone starter #7 because there junk, 3 were doa, and alternator #3 all in the past 6 years....oh well....still get a new one after a year...that's a $30 sensor...and race fuel kills sensors. and with the road racing I plan to do I wouldn't be supprised if I killed one in the next year

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys ! I am located on the other half of the planet :)

Just a small update . Went to a car meet yesterday , drove the car almost 100 kms , cruise / boosting etc . Wideband was working find . I have the new sensor with me , will have it install over the weekend .

Thanks for all the help and the suggestions

1 - 20 of 24 Posts