Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im looking to get either the AEM tru time cam gear or the Skunk2 Cam gear... both of which are good names but i found this web site that has the Skunk2 for 99 bucks... and the AEM for 114
AEM= http://www.performancepartswholesale.com/performance/buy.php?make=ho&year=1988&model=crx&part_name=cam_gears&brand=aem

Skunk2= http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_parts.cfm?vpcid=186&vcatid=0030&vcatyear=1988&vmodelid=030&vmakeid=140&vL1id=0&&vtitle=HONDA%20CRX%201988

But i have know AEM to be a better product only cuase i have seen them on many 4th gen civics and CRX's but quite the opposite with Skunk2... I just want to know what the better product... cuase im purchasing a Exospeed SR909 now...and i know i will be an adjustable cam gear to go along with that purchase...

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea totally... i have noticed that Skunk2 has a 5 bolt pattern... but the AEM only has 3... but what i am truly looking for is the way they are designed... the timing markings on the cam gear itself... you know?

modsHXcivi said:
i have aem ...and have had no problem at all ......i guess its just a matter of person preference ....and a diff...of 15 dollars

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
modsHXcivi said:
i think aem came out with new gears with a 5 bolt pattern ...youll have to look in to that more ...id call both companys and talk to a sales rep
i found it at Summit Racing.com.... the 5 bolt pattern... Same part # thats on AEM's web site... for 103 buck, not bad...at all!

G

·
0 Posts
the 3 bolt aem will eventually loosen. They do have a 5 bolt redesigned model available for some cars.

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
kommon_sense said:
tighten it down properly. has anyone *EVER* actually heard of 3-bolt AEM gear coming loose?
only on here ...people talk about it but im wondering if it has ever really happend to anyone....cause its never ...never happend to me and mine been on for over 2 years

J

·
0 Posts
I'll have a 96-00 Edelbrock cog coming in on Monday, I'm just waiting to see if its keyed correctly or not. :) Its 5 bolt, and can be found for about 110-115, just another alternative.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts