Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i run a profec B right now and it seems to work pretty good, it does sway back and forth a little, i run a AEM wide band gauge and wanted to run a matching boost gauge, so my questions are is the tru boost better, the same or worse of a controller then the greddy unit i have now? does it hold the boost dead steady ? you know the drill , fill me in.

·
Registered
464 Posts
i'm sure both would work about the same... the major thing you gotta look at is the Wastegate... if ur running an internal... and spiking.... then dropping... I would go w/ an aftermarket WG like a Deltagate.

Just my .02
Dr.Mike

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah my set up is for a internal waste gate, im not changing my turbo and manifold just so i can run a different waste gate. My next upgrade will be a tubular o2 housing which should help some, the profec has a adjustment for how fast you want the solenoids to cycle and with that i can get the fluctuation to a minimum. please don't reply unless you actually USE a aem tru boost, i dont want 02 cents or guesses here i want facts :) thanks

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
I've used both on other vehicles. I've owned a Profec A, and now will be running the AEM Tru boost on the new setup.

But, besides that, I agree with crx304, the internal wastegate will probably be the problem regardless. (but I would go with a Tial over a Deltagate :wink: )

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know a internal waste gate has a slower response time , every one knows a internal is slower the a external, thats not whats being asked here, whats being asked is if the AEM tru boost is as good or better of a controller then the profec b. running boost for 5 years means nothing, I owned my first boosted car years before you had a drivers license but you don't see me using that to try and impress people, if you dont have personal experience with the item in question you have no reason even posting its border line spam. Any way AutoWorks have you actually had time with the AEM unit ? and if so how would you rate it? when it comes to setting it can you set it to a number like say 20 and thats it its set?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts