Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey my AEM fuel filter just showed up today, I plan on installing it this weekend in my 96 civic ex (d16y8 ). It doesnt look like it will be to difficult but I have a concern. Some people recommend just unscrewing the fuel cap to relieve pressure. I have also heard that you should remove the fuel fuse and start the car and just let it run itself dead - is there any negative effects on the engine when doing this? i dont think it would be good to let the engine run lean until it dies
Any suggestions or advise on the process?

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
Hey my AEM fuel filter just showed up today, I plan on installing it this weekend in my 96 civic ex (d16y8). It doesnt look like it will be to difficult but I have a concern. Some people recommend just unscrewing the fuel cap to relieve pressure. I have also heard that you should remove the fuel fuse and start the car and just let it run itself dead - is there any negative effects on the engine when doing this? i dont think it would be good to let the engine run lean until it dies
Any suggestions or advise on the process?
Taking the fuel cap off works fine. Also have a rag handy when you start taking off the FF bolts cause some gas will drizzle out.

·
Registered
96 civic
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I wouldnt think there would be enough fuel in the filter or the top of those lines to be worth doing anything more than just catching it with some paper towels. thanks for the quick resonses guys.
any other advise before i do this or is it basically just unbolt the old one and bolt the new one in its place

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,005 Posts
make sure the copper washers are sitting flush or it will leak no matter how tight you turn the bolt

·
Registered
96 civic
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, rep for you all. im going to help my friend out with his the same day i do mine. i think i got the gist of it though:
remove the fuel cap
remove the bolt above the filter
remove the bottom bolt
unbolt anything else in order to remove the filter
replace and do everything in reverse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts