Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 civic that I just recently boosted,
But no luck on tuning. I have a chiped pm6 with a set of base maps. Does any one know if Ican use an AEM f/i controler without converting to obd1. Just for tuning purposes.

·
Registered
323 Posts
okay, first thing first. The FIC needs to be wired in correctly!! the two biggest things are wiring in cam and crank sensors correctly..i think there is MAG and HAL style? I can't remeber. but you need to find out if your car has these sensors, and what type they are.

If you have figured that out and need help tuning with it, i can help you.

Are you still runing in closed loop? or have you taken out your o2 sensors?

You know that the AEM FIC boost map is in absolute pressure too right? so where it says 15psi, its actually 0psi boost on the gauge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what would be the best route on a D16z6. Just convert to obd1 with a p28, Or get a standalone. Yes I did take out the O2, The guy I got the pm6 from said it didnt need it. Im running rich all the time (10.9) on my wideband. As you can see im new at the civic thing lol.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i used the f/ic for a while...once used to the set up its a nice tuning option if you need to stay obd2 for emmissions etc.............

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
i was about to ask if this was for obd2 or not. Yes, the better option would be to convert to obd1/chipped p28 and tune. Running a chipped ecu is almost as good as a standalone ecu.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
MAG and HAL style?

correct there are magnetic inductive, magnetic reluctive and Hall type optical sensors. The three distributor sensors on early hondas are magnetic reluctive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See Im still obd0, An my Budy has an AEM f/i controler kinda cheap, Thats why I was asking. So its totaly out of the question then right. If so thanks for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts