Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'99 Honda Civic Ex
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone started using the AEM Ignition system including the 4-Channel Twin Fire systmem, Engine Position Module, along with the CDI Pencil Coils instead of the factory distributor/ignition system? Just wonder if it is better to tune with, or worth the money? I know Bisimoto Engineering installed this setup on their 700 WHP D16.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
There's probably more B-series guys running that equipment but in regards to the ignition module, I've heard a lot of people having problems with that(M&W seems to be the most popular and reliable).

It's only worth it if you actually need it(ie: tuned near the engine's limits). Otherwise, you won't really see much gains at all. You also need a stand-alone or K-Pro ECU to run that ignition module/coil.

·
Registered
'99 Honda Civic Ex
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a S100 but will be upgrading it to the S300 by the end of the month. Does Hondata S300 support this type of ignition system? Or too hard to tune on?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Nope. The ignition module/coil packs require individual coil triggers. All OBD-1 ECU-based systems(Crome, Neptune, eCtune, Hondata S100/200/300, etc.) only output a single trigger.

Tuning is normal, just requires correct trim(usually already set or available with EMS or K-Pro) and compensation(CDI vs. TCI).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts