Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to this forum as of today, stumbled across it looking for answers. i am swaping my y7 out for a y8 in my 1996 hatch, but i want to do atleast a re ring of the motor. i was looking at useing pistions from the d16a1 in my motor to bring up the comp, but that is all i want to do is rais the comp raito. i was looking at going .50mm oversised. would this give me any gains or would i be better off milling the head down to bring up the comp? i am just looking at going cheep, i can get the pistions for 90 bucks new so i thought for the price it might be worth wile. any ideas or info would be grate
thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am worried that my comp might be to high for an all factory motor, do you think i would run into many problems with it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well around hear the best octane gas you can get is 91, my camaro is running 11:1 no prob and i have herd of people running 12:1 but i would like to aim more towards the 11:1 range. i think it would be a good range for that motor without any other mods right away, maybe later on but just not right now

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that is an awesome sight, it sounds like i should be using the d16a6 pistons, they will give me a real nice comp raito for running around in a daily driver. it is showing 10.33 comp.

but will these pistons fit on my rod's.

also i work at NAPA and our head gaskets are a 2 layer, it says in the Calculator that there are 2 diff head gaskets that you can get for that motor. any idea whether or not they are referring to any special gaskets or just any 2 layer steel gasket

·
Registered
439 Posts
also i work at NAPA and our head gaskets are a 2 layer, it says in the Calculator that there are 2 diff head gaskets that you can get for that motor. any idea whether or not they are referring to any special gaskets or just any 2 layer steel gasket
the stock aftermarket headgaskets for the d16z6 and the d16y8 are 3 layer metal gaskets, so zeal is referring to this 3-layer gasket with the center layer removed

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so you are saying you can take the center layer out of the multy layer gasket and run it? how do you do that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so what does anyone think about a d16y8 with some minor head work, a6 pistons, 4 to 1 hedder, and a cold air intake, i can do most of that and make most of the other stuff. i have been building B series engines for some time so i have some experiance with port work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok my eyes are gonna pop out of my head from searching all over this sight to fined out weather or not a6 pistons will fit on y7 rods? this should yield me around 10.9 comp ratio. but will they fit the rod's. i need to know soon so i can order the pistons.

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts