Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hail, Jedis!

Since you gurus were nice enough to start a newb forum, I need some very specific counsel, and some general advice too. Right now, I don't have a clue what I'm dealing with. Any kind of advice short of 'stick it' is going to be awesome.

We're talking about a stock '95 CX hatchback with sub-100,000 miles on it. It's been rock-steady. The only money it's needed put into it so far was a tail pipe + muffler replacement several years back.

It needs three further repairs that I've put off:
1) The stereo (passenger's speaker on the fritz)
2) the front bumper, whose fiberglass sheered off by the wheel well about four years ago
3) the outside vertical rubber liner on the passenger side window (ripped out from a thwarted break-in attempt).

This week, I need to sort out stereo replacement options, because I'm driving it back across country from where it's idling on the East Coast. I'll get bored out of my mind on the drive without tunes. I need the cheapest interim unit possible -- I plan on a better upgrade later. It should be the best-value-for-money MP3 unit (must have either a memory card slot or a 3.5" jack), and replacement speakers if we're not talking about a 10-minute fix for a loose connection. Advice on this? What's the thriftiest way to go for the moment?

Down the road, what's the best strategy for the CX? Should I sell it as-is, sell it after replacing the damaged trim, or keep it to build it up? What's the best strategy for selling it?

If I keep her (she's been good to me), can you offer some advice on where to invest, and skill levels? Pointers toward how-to threads and forums would be awesome.

Much obliged.

a.k.a.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. Hm. I hadn't really given any thought to those noise-cancelling headrests. Don't know about a remote, though. Might be overkill.

Here's a pic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts