Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I just put my Full Ram on. I trimmed my oil return line so the angle was not crazy harsh but I'm not sure if this is good enough.
Now that I look at these pics I think I will take another .5 to an 1" off. Please take a look and tell me what ya think.

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
find a fitting to replace the one on the turbo. the brass one. get a 45* one. there is too much of a pinch on the return line. you could also try and clock the center cartridge so that it helps alleviate the pinch

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Fo sho.. it being low isn't a problem.. its kinks that fuck people up. Kinks/sharp bend decrease pressure. Your return line is low pressure.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
the line def needs to be shortened. and or turbo needs clocked a bit to help flow.
and a fitting to help. all three things would prolly make you be in good shape

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
find a fitting to replace the one on the turbo. the brass one. get a 45* one. there is too much of a pinch on the return line. you could also try and clock the center cartridge so that it helps alleviate the pinch
Fo sho.. it being low isn't a problem.. its kinks that fuck people up. Kinks/sharp bend decrease pressure. Your return line is low pressure.
the line def needs to be shortened. and or turbo needs clocked a bit to help flow.
and a fitting to help. all three things would prolly make you be in good shape
K, Great!
So I just need to clock the turbo slightly towards the motor, shorten the line by 3/4" and find a 45* brass fitting to replace the straight one.

More shit on the to do list lol

Thanks for the advice guys!

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
yup your lookin good now.
the line should be a short as possible. and straight to the pan. no kinks/loops anything.
oil needs to freely flow as smooth as possible for no issues.
hope you get what you need so your rollin soon

·
Registered
90 civic si
1,536 Posts
if the line is shortened it should flow pretty decent from what i can tell i use a piece of rubber hose for my return.. im thinking you could at least use a rubber hose to figure the exact length you need to cut the ss line.. thats what i would do

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup your lookin good now.
the line should be a short as possible. and straight to the pan. no kinks/loops anything.
oil needs to freely flow as smooth as possible for no issues.
hope you get what you need so your rollin soon
Think I can get away with out clocking the turbo? I really want to avoid it if possible.

that will not work.

get a 90 and hope that its still a downward slope
I think with a 90 it should still slope downward. The turbo is slightly higher than the pan.

if the line is shortened it should flow pretty decent from what i can tell i use a piece of rubber hose for my return.. im thinking you could at least use a rubber hose to figure the exact length you need to cut the ss line.. thats what i would do
Thats a great idea! Man I already cut it once and damn was it a pain in the hand with steel poking me.

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
As said above. You can keep the turbo as it is. Get a 1/2" to 1/2" 90 degree barb fitting. That will point it straight at the pan and be slightly above the oil pan bung. It will slightly "S" itself when you connect it but will be an unkinked downward slope

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
:td: :td:

much better!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts