Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doin a head job on my y7 i got a used 30,000 mile head for a good deal i planned on

hot tank
shave head .030
3 angle valve job
polish exhaust ports
new valve stem and cam seals
honda y7 head gasket
arp head bolts
hondata intake manifold gasket

im gonna open up the im 4mm larger than tb to create the reversion step

im not really doin a performance build just a lil tinkering while its apart

i already have a adjustable cam gear how much do i adjust for head shave

·
Registered
my civic
918 Posts
keep your lips pressed tightly around the shaft, use lots of pressure, carress with your tongue, swallow the load.....and keep off with the teeth or ill kick you through the wall

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just stock cam for now and stock pcm as im still obd2

my biggest question is how much to compensate on cam gear for head shave

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
keep your lips pressed tightly around the shaft, use lots of pressure, carress with your tongue, swallow the load.....and keep off with the teeth or ill kick you through the wall
i dont give i only receive lol but ill be sure to tell her

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
someone told me to just get a 3 angle valve job done on intake valves and just radius the exhaust valves but idk

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
you wont really need to compensate its .04 off the head where it NEEDS to be retarded 1deg. but you can go ahead and do it anyway with .03

·
Registered
801 Posts
man...thats exactly what i thought when i read the title too. and remember to be nice to his other two friends....

anyway on a serious note, sounds like you are on the right track, thats really close to what i did to my z6, though i only shaved .010

·
Registered
912 Posts
thats not true it depends on the chemical you use in the tank
I was reading something about this last night, you are supposed to use a different kind of chemical than the kind you use on iron. I believe the aluminum bath has a different acid or something in it. Google would clarify it better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive never seen a hot tank for aluminum. Seen lots of chem bath part washers used on them but not a heated tank. Could just be because my town is like 10 years behind most places. Which is ok because we have no emission testing.

@OP- Unless you happen to have a good friend who works in a machine shop, why would you spend that kind of money building a y7 head when you could just grab a y8 and a p2e off ebay for the same or even less as that kind of head work? Stock valves are already cut 3 angles?

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
@OP- Unless you happen to have a good friend who works in a machine shop, why would you spend that kind of money building a y7 head when you could just grab a y8 and a p2e off ebay for the same or even less as that kind of head work?
because this a No-Vtak Thread :tank: lol

Are you using a y8 IM? This would help also.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Ive never seen a hot tank for aluminum. Seen lots of chem bath part washers used on them but not a heated tank. Could just be because my town is like 10 years behind most places. Which is ok because we have no emission testing.

@OP- Unless you happen to have a good friend who works in a machine shop, why would you spend that kind of money building a y7 head when you could just grab a y8 and a p2e off ebay for the same or even less as that kind of head work? Stock valves are already cut 3 angles?
because a well built y7 head will own a y8 head and why a P2E ecu, its a P2P for VTEC and yes the stock valves are cut 3 angles but a performance valve job changes those angles which allows more airflow over the valve

·
Well?
10,814 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
d16y7's FTW :). technically the seat is what gets a good 3 angle cut and the valve a single cut or a double cut depending on how many angles you want

1 - 20 of 23 Posts