Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my baby has decided to let go of her bottom end recently.

now i have an excuse to throw a load more money at her and go turbo,but i dont want her to go bang again,so i would like some advice on the what i can do to make her bullet proof.......
what i need what brands best,what have you done,best in your experience etc etc.....
just how much am i looking at spending????

currently have a d16z6 running 164bhp
dunno if you need what i have done to the car???if you do i will list as required,will be buying the revhard kit for the car

O

·
0 Posts
satocker can handle that by itself. the most then coudl be rods and pistons but that's all you'd need if your concerned with stability on that amount of power. with stock sleeves and performance rod snad pistons you could do closer to 300 hp.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k cool,i guess the question im trying to ask is this.......i don t mind spending money on the car.
if in 6 months down the line i decide i want to put more power through the car i dont want to be in the position were i have to pull the car apart because it has let go again. what can i do now to ensure the car is able to handle me putting more power through should i decide on that.....i really wanna know what you guys have done,you seem to know what you are talking about.

O

·
0 Posts
^ the coatings are only good for helping to tighten clearnaces up. they tend to wear off fairly quickly. the ceramic also tends to flake off with detonation and even slight amount can cuase it to flake, so I never use any because I'd rather not have stuff floating around my valve seats and rings.

to eaches own, but that's me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts