Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm just getting into the honda world and found this cool place thanks too google =) i have a 91 crx dx and i dropped a d16a6 in it did all the mpfi stuff myself i know its done right and have had no problems in the 15k miles i have put on it.. now for some questions i just bought a z6 head so i think the valve cover doesnt say vtec just a honda sign in the middle of it the spark plugs are moved to the front and the vtec solenoid is there so prolly no big deal .. but i replaced my thermostat and now code 21 comes up Spool Solenoid Valve checked all the wires everything looks good no clue what to do and also what ecu do i need to change over with the z6 head and what mods and stuff do i need to buy for good performance any help would be great and considering u just read one giant run on sentence thanks!!!

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
For the ecu get an OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness and run a P28. As for good mods, what are your power goals? When you did the swap did you just swap in the A6 block and head or did you do the full A6 w/ Si tranny as well?

BTW, welcome noob. Make sure you search before asking so us old timers don't get annoyed. (not to say you did, but in case you were going to :wink:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well power goals atm is just a nice N/A engine.. i want to build a turbo engine from scratch for my other crx.. right now i have the whole d16a6 swap except i put a d15 tranny on it the si tranny was shot thats how i got the motor..

btw hehe =) im a noob here but not a forum noob i <3 the search function

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Coo, Coo. For n/a I would say get some P29 pistons, Crower Stage 2 cam, Z6 intake manifold, b-series TB, port the casting ridges on the intake and exhaust ports, then do I/H/E and tune it. Oh and rebuild that Si tranny and swap it in. What's wrong w/ it n/e way? I'll cover shipping to me if it's free. :wink:

Oh and if you want to make a bit more power use the crower stage 3, springs, retainers, and fully port the head. That'll make better power yet and be fun as hell in a CRX. I just say the stage 2 since it's a drop in cam for the most part.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help any idea about the code it keeps trowin i cant get rid of? and the tranny unfortunatly got left out in the weather for a while !! and the problem it had was 2nd was grinding really bad and 3rd was out on it.. but i could get it for u if u want =)

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Hmm, where are you located at? If it's fairly close to WI I just might do it but it'd be around the 15ish when I get paid again before I could send the cash. My area code is 54302 if you want to look up shipping. As for the code, I'm really not sure what it would be since the only codes I have are for 92-95 chassis's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.