Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't drive the car much before pulling the engine, but it wasn't impressive. It was actually bad, just compared to my EX sedan. Since then I picked up a factory Integra front swaybar and brace. I need to get LCAs to bolt em in, so I'm gonna get those and spindles from an Integra to get bigger brakes while I'm at it. Prolly rear disks too, dunno. I do wanna get the rear swaybar though.

I'm considering adjustable camber to fine tune the suspension after actually tracking it, but I wanna get the spindles/LCAs/swaybar upgraded/installed first and foremost.

I want to get coil overs too, along with 15 maybe 16 allow wheels.

Car info: 95 DX civic, d15b7 engine.
Budget: maybe hundreds of dollars minus the coilovers

Is there anything else I should consider? All advice is welcomed minus people telling me swaybars dont matter bigger brakes dont matter etc

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Actually bigger brakes do matter if you are tracking it, larger diameter discs can dissipate heat better and offer a larger gripping/friction surface for better stopping power.

Upgrading the rear drum is where controversy can start. Make sure you have a brake master cylinder capable of the bigger calipers and such too.

All I upgraded was my bushings, ball joints, shocks and TIRES, no bars, braces or anything and my car is 100 times better. I would say upgrade the consumable parts, ball joints, bushings, shocks and TIRES. see where you are at and get after the braces you haven't gotten yet later, rear subframe, and swaybar etc. once you are dialed and see if you really need more.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
I agree, since you plan replace control arms it will not be difficult to go ahead and replace the rest of the bushings.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was planning on using hardrace bushings. I just replaced everything in my EX's front and it made a big difference. It rolls smooth handles alot better too.

So, before anything else, ill get the front spindles LCAs, rear spindles those arms and that swaybar. I do plan to replace the bushings, lower ball joints, and pads before I put it together.

I guess I need the M/c and booster from the Integra too, but I'm gonna see if there's an even better one I can get, maybe one that wasn't used lol, ill prolly get one from the store with a lifetime warrantee. I know the info on which one to use with which booster is out there IV just gotta find it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts