Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my new motor going and ive notcied some ticking in the head. i adjusted the valve clearance, started ti up and everything was fine. drove it for 10 minutes or so and the car felt great but the ticking came back.

i have an a6 block and a z6 head with a y7 cam gear. i know the reason for using the y7 cam gear is to change the timing so will i need to put on my z6 cam gear to adjust the valve clearance or can i just adjust my y7 (aem trutime) cam gear and then go from there.

or is this not the problem and i just need to redo the adjustment? sorry this is a first for me.

·
Registered
crx
1,450 Posts
you could just change the setting on the gear for adjustment its only a 5 degree diff. sounds like the adjustment is just out a bit, ive got the same set up but NA and had to adjust mine again once since i finished my build. i know it can be tricky but i try to isolate the ones making noise and only mess with those.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
redid it, cam gear placement wasnt the issue at all. one of the jam nuts for one of my exhaust valve tappets CAME OFF! yeah i cranked all those bitches down this time. no more ticking awesome!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So was the nut just sitting in there or did you have to find a replacement?
luckily it was sitting right in there, thankfully i dont have to pull the oil pan.... or not to even think of what COULD have happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts