·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stats:
92 Civic Hatch

Rear suspension:
ALL busings replaced, hardrace in lcas, oem trailing arm bushing, and kiwi signature series spherical camber and toe adjusters.

Car is not tucking tire, but sits right on top of them. Never been in accident, and the trailing arms have zero signs of damage.

The left rear the toe is perfect, toe adjuster sits right about the middle and as room to adjust toe in by adjusting the arm itself.

The right rear, the problem side. The toe arm is as small as it can be, shorter than stock even, and the bolt is all the way in. This just barely zero's the toe out on this side. So absolutly no room to add toe in, if wanted.

What do you think the problem could be? Everything is straight. I want to burn this f'n car to the ground right now. I just can't figure it out. I need your input DSO.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Bent trailing arm is my bet! I know you say everything is straight but I can't see how everything can be straight if the toe is that out of whack!

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what I am thinking, but eye balling it next to one I know is not bent they line up. I wonder if Honda can check the trailing arm for straightness.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Possible the trailing arm got bent when pressing the old bushing out/new in?

Or new bushing not pressed in far enough?

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
A small bend, over the length of that arm could be the cause....

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mine had a spare trailing arm, so I grabbed that yesterday. Gonna throw it on today or tomorrow and see where it leads me.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys, It is looking like the original trailing arm is slightly bent. I have no idea how or where. I'll snap some pics today.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Way to finish up a thread with reason for the issue. +rep

·
Registered
Ek sedan
382 Posts
Roll test, if it is round at any point then roll it on the corner of a table and look for a wobble kind of like a que stick at the bar.
Put it next to something flat and see if there is a gap on one end, or lay it on a flat table and look for light under it. I rework air plane parts at my work and we use all of these methods for quick eyeballing on some of the stuff. Idk how useful that would be on an RTA cause they are so curved anyways. Thanks for getting back with the thread though :bigok:

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha, yea I'm wondering how the roll test would work with rta. But I cant stand when threads do not get updated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts