Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
preludes have them and my civic wants them. Do I only need the windshield wiper control from the steering wheel area to hook it up or is there a computer also somewhere under the dash. my idea is that the thing by the steering wheel just uses resistors and such to control the signal so its all I need. anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
88 Civic Hatch
925 Posts
Not sure about the newer Civics but on 88-91s you have to swap the box on the back of the underDASH fusebox(they're labeled A or B IIRC).
There fixed for ya Im not being a smartass just preformed this swap on mine and wanted give the correct info...:bigok:

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
lol Thanks, wasn't paying attention to that. Yeah, the underdash fusebox. I had to do the same swap too because I didn't know they were different when I swapped over the steering columns.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
it doesn't have it. maybe an si or above would but my ex doesn't and its a 00
So your wipers have just on and off? Or am I thinking of something different? Because even my old 86 Celica had three different speeds on the wipers.

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
I think he might be talking about the 20 speed adjustable kind like Eclipse's, you can make them sum bitch's do anything you want.

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he might be talking about the 20 speed adjustable kind like Eclipse's, you can make them sum bitch's do anything you want.
bingo. the one where you can turn the little adjustable knob thing and fine tune them. I have three speeds currently but not the intermittent one you can fine tune like the prelude.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
I don't think those ever came on the Civics. From what I gather, it uses a separate relay/control box to control the wipers. I haven't looked at the schematics, but you can probably build a custom motor controller and set it up as a separate switch.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I have a '95 Ex coupe, and have a off/int/low/high setting on my wiper arm. Thing is, I have never been able to use the int for some reason. My guess is there is a relay box that is supposed to be in the car that isn't.

Did you get your car brand new? Could there be the chance that something could have been removed from it?

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
they make aftermarket ones you can install.. i put em on my 86 jeep.. not that hard.

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they make aftermarket ones you can install.. i put em on my 86 jeep.. not that hard.
I'll have to look into whats cheaper. I want it. sometimes it just seems like either the wipers are too fast or too slow. I like the intermittent setting. allows for fine tuning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts