Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it necessary to have an adjustable cam gear for a turbo set up for daily driving?
im running an egay godspeed t3/t04e with a built bottom end Vitara/eagle, stock head and all the other basics... hoping to have it done by the end of the week and get it running but was just wondering if its necessary to have an adjustable cam gear to get it running and have it be a reliable tune?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i dont think it absoulty needs one but i think its always a good idea so you can be in control of your tune. but the down side is you need to keep an eye one the tq of the bolts on it often to prevent slippage but if you get a decent brand im sure it would be beter than an ebay jobby as long as it has 4 or more bolts imo. i bought one and am currently using vision brand with my setup (found it on ebay go-fig) , and it came with a nice blue gates timing belt and oem honda key!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I only use them to zero out timing from decking the head and block. On my motor it ended up 4* off. so I used the cam gear to zero it all out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, yeah its a stock head and cam, i was just curious cuz ive read about guys having to to retard the timing during breakin before they got a tune and they did it by using an adjustable cam gear.
Im planning on breaking in the motor on the dyno anyways so i most likely wont get one but thanks for the info everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts