Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FUCK, after shaving my d15b7 head 1.5mm I started my motor and it ran like shit. So I redid the timing belt and same shit. SO I know it has something to do with my cam gear. I just got a skunk2 Pro adjustable cam gear to fix the timing because of the head mill. But the problem is the cam gear is for a Z6 or Y8 so I know it´s gotta be 4.5 deg off. The problem is I dont know I´m supposed to adv or retard it 4.5 deg. Plus why the fuck does Skunk 2 sell these as if it was for a d15 too? When I bought it the discription said 88-00 civic. FUCK. Can some one give me an info on this please.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
FUCK, after shaving my d15b7 head 1.5mm I started my motor and it ran like shit. So I redid the timing belt and same shit. SO I know it has something to do with my cam gear. I just got a skunk2 Pro adjustable cam gear to fix the timing because of the head mill. But the problem is the cam gear is for a Z6 or Y8 so I know it´s gotta be 4.5 deg off. The problem is I dont know I´m supposed to adv or retard it 4.5 deg. Plus why the fuck does Skunk 2 sell these as if it was for a d15 too? When I bought it the discription said 88-00 civic. FUCK. Can some one give me an info on this please.
Damn, I hope donthing bad happened. I heard from a buddy that his buddy (oh the buddy story) was getting his b series tuned and the douche's at the shop advanced the cam timing to much and bent some valves...I would say send it back and try the AEM true time.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
You need to advance it. Put it on and check your timing. Line it up according to your stock gear to find out how much it is off for you..

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Thats tru. I´ll buy a beer instead with the money and just keep trying to adjust that shit and i´ll crank the motor by hand before I start it.
Awesome, sounds good. Me and this kid (former buddy, long story short, fucked me on our apartment) worked on his pos bmw trying to get it timed for like 3 days, we also had shit for tools so we were doing things the hard way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts