Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im doing a mini me, a d16z6 head on a d15b2. I know the timing is going to be off half a tooth so i just bought a skunk 2 adjustable cam gear. Upon trying to fit it just now I've noticed that where the OEM gear has an extra notch to fit in the groove on the end of the cam after market ones just have a groove too. How the heck is my skunk 2 gear ment to stay in place with out spinning as it doesnt have the extra bit to fit in the groove in the cam? thanks loads

Heres a couple pics from one of DOGs threads so you can see what i mean, look at the tooth in the middle of the gear.

Thanks guys, i was really hoping to get this done today.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That part is called a "key" and you should have gotten one with the cam gear. Can you remove the one on the stock gear or is it part of the gear?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn, ok thanks guys. My original key was part of the gear. Ill spend a while and try and fabricate one.
Another quick question whilst im looking at my cam, how easy should it turn in the head when the heads out of the car?
Thanks loads guys

·
Registered
371 Posts
Pick up yourself an Si woodruff key for a few bucks. Kind a lame that Skunk2 doesn't include one. I found out the same thing in the middle of doing a cam install.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
latest parts order that should be here Tuesday, I ordered 5 cam keys just to have for the locals.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts