Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Bit controversial I know but I'm wanting to fit a UEL manifold to my build, it's more of a sound/appearance build than a performance one.

I'm completely stuck with trying to get some headers custom made for the D16 engine instead I can only get them for a B18. I've done some research but all I can find are contrasting arguments, some people saying that I just need to drill new holes and other people saying I'd need to remake the manifold where it meets to engine block.

Any clear, helpful advice?

Thanks!
Oli

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
IIRC the 2-3 cylinder ports don't line up very well even after you drill it out.

How can you get someone to make custom B headers but not D headers..?

·
Registered
50 Posts
If the flange is all you're after, just buy the cheapest 4-2-1 stainless header for like $40 and cut the tubes off leaving you just the flange.

That would be cheaper than me or someone else making one . . . can't even hardly buy the material to make a flange for what they are selling the whole header for.

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Yea, just get a cheapo eBay header and cut the pipes off to make the new header. That's what I'm going to be doing when I have my twinscroll manifold made.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if I buy the B18 headers and some cheap D16 ones and just cut the flanges off where it attaches to the engine block and weld on the D16 ones and it should fit?

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
So if I buy the B18 headers and some cheap D16 ones and just cut the flanges off where it attaches to the engine block and weld on the D16 ones and it should fit?
No. You would just be buying the eBay header so you have a D16 flange for somebody (or you) to build a custom manifold off of. It would be a custom built D16 manifold. Forget about B18 anything.

Hmmm.. Why not just get the D16 header and call it a day?
Exactly! There are many to choose from.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
fuck buying a ebay header for the flange

you can get a nice 1/2 or 3/8 inch thick steel flange for under 30 bucks with room to port it out.

why are you loooking to use b series stuff?

want simple? DC Sports, couple styles based on what you want for performance, and are always direct fit without problems.

there is a 1320 custom header for the D series for UNDER $300!, it requires 2.5 inch exhaust, as its a 2.5 true collector

1 - 9 of 9 Posts