Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I've looking about everywhere in the honda forums and it seems the 90s civics cant get anything aftermarket but a CAI or short ram.

My car has AC so I cant find any space to fit a ram air that it will be able to get air pushed in from outside as the lower and upper grilles of the 96-98 are occupied by the radiator and condenser. Maybe if it was a 99-2000 I could use the foglight spots

Has anyone done an actual ram air intake on their civic, that gets air forced in from the outside of the car when moving? I'd be eager to see the pictures and get some ideas

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
You don't understand how a "RAM" intake setup works then.

CAI with proper tuned length is the key to Helmholtz.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't understand how a "RAM" intake setup works then.

CAI with proper tuned length is the key to Helmholtz.
I know how a ram air intake works and I believe the benefits of it will be greater than just taking off my air box and putting a tube with a k&n filter in its place. Simply wondering if theres any way to fit one to these civics. I like to test different things and see which works best for me so if the cai works better than the ram air I would use the better option.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,942 Posts
Probably more trouble than it’s worth. Even if you had a direct path from the intake filter to the throttle body, you’d probably only see negligible gains at higher speeds.

Honestly, your best bet is trying to find an intake that provides a cooler air charge because, although the gains will still be negligible, they’ll be more consistent across the entire range of engine speeds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have an idea you dont see build it. A spare hood some Al sheet and rivits if you dont weld and have some fun if it works great.

Helmholtz hz is great but unless you can adjust the chamber volume and dont have crazy turbulance it works in small segments. I once tried a 18inx48 front scoop just plain old blunt force it worked great even at lower speeds until I got pulled over for it luckly it was at a stop light not while testing.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
I'll give one hint....but it was never proven better than the tested CAI vs. SRI.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so what im going to do is hunt around the junkyard and see if there's any way to fit some kind of ram air, if it ends up being too long to be efficient ill just go with some kind of CAI

·
Registered
honda civic
271 Posts

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
I'll give one hint....but it was never proven better than the tested CAI vs. SRI.....

I used to have one of those back in the day.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
Glad someone got the hint :)

Also only good for drag racing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.