Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Action Clutch is a no non-sense clutch company, used by the pros.
I've been using various Action Clutches in my own car since 2005. Daily driven, road raced, drag raced, and off roaded (seriously lol).

All clutch kits come complete with throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and clutch alignment tool.

1OS
full face organic clutch, stock replacement. I honestly don't try to push these much. Fine for daily driving, but if you beat on your car alot, upgrade to something with more grip and life. $260 shipped.

1MW
Whoopee Doo Racing exclusive. 6-puck sprung or unsprung with Miba friction pads. OE D17 style pressure plate for stock-like pedal feel with more clamping force. Rated up to 200whp. $235 shipped.

1MS
6-puck sprung with Miba friction pads (don't like chatter, use an Action Clutch as Miba friction pads do not cause chatter). Heavy duty single diaphragm pressure plate. Rated up to 275hp $310 shipped.

1MD
Same as 1MS, but this is an unsprung version. This is what I recommend for stock, all motor, or light turbo setups. Rated to 275 hp $310 shipped.

2MD/2MS
Same as the above, but with a heavy duty dual diaphragm pressure plate. Rated up to 500hp $350 shipped.

1KS
9 puck segmented kevlar disc. This will outlast your car. When it starts to slip, simply sandblast the disc and reinstall. Heavy duty single diaphragm pressure plate. Rated up to 250hp $355 shipped.

2KS
Same as above, but with a heavy duty dual diaphragm pressure plate. Rated up to 375hp $395 shipped.

Got Action?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
damnnn, nice pricing, to. are those flywheel numbers? or whp? Liking the one rated to 500hp.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Engagement is all in the driver. If someone is riding in my car and I want it to feel (for them) like it has a stock clutch versus the 1MD, it will. Not paying attention to your driving style, the 2KS will feel smoother.

sick, numbers are flywheel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Engagement is all in the driver. If someone is riding in my car and I want it to feel (for them) like it has a stock clutch versus the 1MD, it will. Not paying attention to your driving style, the 2KS will feel smoother.

sick, numbers are flywheel
I ordered 2KS to Aquafina, im waiting to have it :D

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i need to order a clutch tomorrow that can handle over 500 whp and 340 ft ibs, does action make one for me ? 2001 acura integra GSR tranny.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
my act extreme worked flawless for over 15k miles and repeated launches. its just so expensive im hoping to find something as good or better and less price.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
my act extreme worked flawless for over 15k miles and repeated launches. its just so expensive im hoping to find something as good or better and less price.
was your clutch the 6 puck or the full disc?

eidt, saw your picture, 6 puck.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts