Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After speaking with Alex of Action Clutch today I'm ready to throw this out there.

Many people are using ebay clutches due to pricing. These clutches use pressure plates that are made in China (not always a bad thing, but not good in this case). Some are also using Exedy organic clutches that are stock replacements. This is ok if you don't race or have a lot of power.

So this is what I'm going to do for you guys...

Bring you new Action Clutches for the enthusiast with budget in mind.

These are made in America and backed by Action Clutch (as well as serviceable by Action).

Both of these are for 91-00 Civics.

First is an organic full face disc with a street pressure plate. This will work well as a stock replacement clutch. Includes disc, street pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and alignment tool.
$225 shipped

Second is a sprung 6-puck with a street pressure plate. This will work well for street NA and low power turbo setups (up to 230whp). Includes disc, street pressure plate, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and alignment tool.
$245 shipped.

For more aggressive daily, NA, and turbo setups please see the regular line of Action Clutches in the Action Clutch thread in this section.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
I already bought an action clutch or I would jump on this.

good quality product, at an awesome price.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was considering the 1MD package when I need to replace my clutch.

No chatter is an attractive selling point.

Are there advantages to the full face organic over the 1MD? I want something that will last long and perform when I need it to.

$180 for a full clutch kit is a great price! Who else wants one?

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
that is a great price... especially for a good brand of clutch. If I didn't just put a new clutch in I would have got one of these.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Power ratings will be very similar to the currently available clutches.

For long life go with the full face. For long life that will be beat on, I'd suggest the 1KS which has the ability to outlast the entire car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Does the street pressure plate give firmer pedal feel than stock? I imagine the HD plate would be quite a bit firmer pedal feel...I am very sensitive to those differences as I drive many different types of vehicle in and out of the shop all day. From 88 Jettas to 08 Jaguars and the occasional full race Porsche...

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it will be firmer than stock, but not as firm as the heavy duty pressure plate that comes with the 1MD/1MS/1KS/1OS kits.

·
Registered
92 civic sedan
151 Posts
Any news on my 2MD!?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
Just curious if these prices are currently accurate. Im in the market.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts