Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this FW....let me know if you have had any troubles out of this . If you are turboed running this FW .....how does it do with Boost?

·
0 Posts
i love this flywheel! biggest difference hp and accelration difference of anyhit i have done to my car! sorry can't help you with the boost part.. well not yet anyway!

A

·
0 Posts
i have this flywheel on my car. It is very good. the motor revs up alot faster then stock. Right now the car is not turbo, so i cant help you also.

the fw weighs like 11 lbs. that is a good weight for the street/autocross. Remember, the faster the motor revs up, the faster it revs down. as you probably know you want to keep the revs up on a honda. so if you go to anything lighter, you may have problems keeping the revs up.

O

·
0 Posts
I prefer the alloy ones ebcause when the steel ring wears out you can jsut realce it for about $80 instead of a whole new flywheel for $250 Something to think on, and the steel is not any lighter than a CM alloy unit.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've had my ACT 11 or 12 pound flywheel in my setup along with their stage 1 clutch for over a year and 1/2.

Handles the power great and haven't had any problems. Great product in my opinion.

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of difference do you think it will make on my 1/4 mi time? I currently have the act xtreme press. plate and 4 puck clutch disk and will add the flywheel to my combo. Best 1/4 was 13.5 with a z6 and now i will have a ZC VTEC SOHC with all of my pevious parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts